OT - Anyone Snowed In This Morning

Page 1 of 2
Southeast Kansas:
They ran the road grader down the road in front of the house two or three times yesterday. Can't even tell where the road is his morning. Our 120' driveway is knee to thigh high all the way out to the "road" My neighbor's 4x4 is in his drive with snow to the middle or top of the tires.
Oh Well. Generator is ready, fuel ready, potato soup ready, firewood on the porch, beer in the fridge.
Emergency Preparedness!
RonB ;o)

There ya go! Canadian For A Day, eh?
On 2/02/11 9:22 AM, Robatoy wrote:

How did you do Rob? somehow we only got about 4cm here, yet they are saying the city (Toronto for the rest of you), got about 15cm.
--
Froz...

We got maybe 15 cm, but it is very dense, wet packing stuff. A shovel- full weighs a ton. I did drive Angela to work and roads were fine. I guess they actually managed to stay ahead with the plows for a change.
On 2/02/11 9:52 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Ours looks light and fluffy, haven't ventured outside yet.
--
Froz...

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 06:52:26 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

The forecast called for 10" - 18" in Buffalo. We got about 3". I'm not complaining though.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

You guys deserve a break.
On 2/02/11 2:07 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Getting a second wave now, already easily more than we got last night, it may be substantial in some places afterall.
--
Froz...

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 09:25:38 -0500, FrozenNorth

We got hammered in So Or last night. It has dropped to 27F and there is nearly 1/16" of frost on the roofs. I wonder when FEMA will get here...
-- To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- J. K. Rowling

Nah! Only REAL Canadians know what it's like to experience snowfall. I've posted a picture of Toronto's recent snowfall in ABPW. Toronto is buried in there *somewhere*. :)
RonB wrote the following:

I remember on Lincoln's birthday (Feb.12th) back in the early 80s we had a huge snowstorm overnight. In the parking lot of our apartment house, my friend's MG was snow covered to the point where he couldn't see where it was parked. The only clue was a snow lump between two full sized cars whose window tops were the only thing showing.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Now _I_ remember when... :)
1957 late March...when it quit snowing and blowing after 3 days we had a drift that was within about a foot of the top of 30-ft light pole. Buried every one-story building on the place including completely over the small farrowing house. Have picture taken about a week later (no time for pictures before that) of brother and myself on the drift by the pole -- it was still over 3/4 way up; we were at the line height...
Driveway had 6-ft fences on both sides--it filled it level full from the road the 100 yds all the way to the barn and on south past the corrals.
We don't seem too bad this morning...so far. We have drifts half way up some of the higher windows and it is a little dark in here with the severe winds on this mountain.
Highways are all closed now.
Now _I_ remember when... :)
1957 late March...when it quit snowing and blowing after 3 days we had a drift that was within about a foot of the top of 30-ft light pole. Buried every one-story building on the place including completely over the small farrowing house. Have picture taken about a week later (no time for pictures before that) of brother and myself on the drift by the pole -- it was still over 3/4 way up; we were at the line height...
Driveway had 6-ft fences on both sides--it filled it level full from the road the 100 yds all the way to the barn and on south past the corrals.

I remember a big storm Dec '99 threatening to close down Toronto's Pearson Int'l airport. The last plane out was a flight to Melbourne Australia (via Honolulu) ... I was ON IT!!!! My buddy, who dropped me off at the airport, took 8 hours to get back to Sarnia, normally a 2.5 hour drive. He told me later that he cursed me all the way home ..LOL

Would you please close the door! It's currently 14 here in El Paso.
Max
willshak wrote:

night, only 55 degrees so far today.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
Gerald Ross wrote: ...

Yeah, we were 70+ here last Fri, 69 Sat and 8 was high yesterday. -6F was what I saw when got up this AM, not sure if that was quite the low or not...may make double digits today they say...whoopee!!! At least we're not running cattle this winter so not hauling water...

I remember back in 2000 when my Chevy Silverado HD 2500 was the same way. I hired a guy with a Bobcat to dig it out.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

QFT... Ice takes down power lines, you can't shovel ice, you can't really drive on ice, ice baaaad.