"first thing in the morning"

What does the phrase "first thing in the morning" mean to you guys?

As in, "I'll be outto fix the roof and gutters _first thing in the morning_ on Saturday."

We're having a difficult time with a company that's installing a sunroom off our kitchen. I won't mention a company name, but it's the Louisville, KY franchise of an international company whose name indicates it's usable all "four seasons".

I'll skip the gory details of the problems we are having with these guys, but on Thursday, the office guy calls and promises me the installer will call and set up a definite time - one that's convenient for me - to finally finish the room. Then the installer calls and says "I'll be there Saturday...'first thing in morning'."

It's now 11:30 am.

And we are still sitting here waitng for him....

Sigh....

Reply to
TV-IV

"First thing in the morning" means "the first thing I do in the morning", so apparently he hasn't gotten out of bed yet.

He was probably on a real bender last night. Read your contract carefully- that is probably outlined in the small print.

Reply to
Chuck

You must have forgottent to ask 'which morning'? and 'what time zone'?

BTDT have several tee shirts

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

You're right I totally missed the Drunk Inebriated Contractor's Knuckledraggin' Hangover Exemption Affirmative Defense, AKA the DICK HEAD clause.

Thanks for pointing that out before I made a fool of myself and sued him for fraud :-)

Reply to
TV-IV