OT: Amazon Prime? MEANINGLESS.

I'm not sure what sort of game amazon is pulling, but they're pretty much lying their asses off about shipping. I ordered a compressor on

12/1 that said "usually ships in 24 hours" and "free 2-day shipping" because they upgraded me to amazon Prime (for some reason). So I check on 12/3 to see what's happening since they hadn't yet charged me. Now I see that the item won't ship until January 1st through the 16th!!! On top of that, it says my order CAN'T be cancelled.

Well that's just great. So I write them an email. They write me back later that day and say it has just been shipped. Now I track the package and it hasn't even left Ohio. No way it's going to be here tomorrow. 2-day shipping my ass.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Several weeks ago I was ordering a Bosch 1591 jigsaw and I was asked, (by their website) if I wanted to join their Prime club for free for 2 months. They gave me all of the details and benefits and since I'm planning on placing several orders in this time frame and I can cancel at any time, I signed up. I placed the order for the saw as well as some pipe clamps specifying free 2nd Day Air. I got the 2 boxes that clamps were shipped in about 24 hours later and I got the saw maybe 20 hours after that. I don't think the problems you had with them have anything to do with their Prime service. I once had a problem with some items not being listed as back ordered and then being notified a few days later that they were. By the time I was done with the phone calls and the bitching I did at them they knocked about $80 off of my $200 order. And the $200 was already cheaper than anyone else. The items came back into stock in about

2 weeks, (half the time they originally said) and they shipped everything Next Day Air at no extra charge. I know Amazon isn't perfect but I've alway gotten very good customer service from them. Maybe a loud phone call from you will straighten things out with them. Good luck.

Bruce

Jay Pique wrote:

Reply to
theblacksheep

"Good luck" is right. He'll need it. I don't buy anything from those bastards any more. I ordered something last Christmas, realized I'd misordered and tried to retract the order less than 5 minutes after placing it. I got the usual form letter stating the order couldn't be canceled since "it had already been processed". In the middle of the night?

Anyway, they got me. Once.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I guess my expectations are different. If I want cheap, I go to Amazon or HF. If I want fast, I go to my local Menards, Lowes, Woodcraft, Rockler or Berland's. I go to HD as a last resort.

Reply to
AL

similar experiance here. did they give you a traacking number? do not use their tracking engins!! instead go to ups site and paste the tracking number there. you will get more up to date info. when i used their track it said ups has been contacted to pick up. for a few days it was the same message. i went to ups and tracked it and it said out for delivery. good thing i was home! it came an hour later. this may not be the case with your deal but they did it this way with mine twice! i didnt need any of my stuff in a hurry so it wasnt a big deal to me.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

You may want to check your dictionary on what "usually" means. And you're complaining before the 2 days are even over that it's going to be late. Package flies overnight, gets delivered next afternoon/ evening. And even if it doesn't, that's got nothing to do with Amazon, it's UPS that makes and either guarantees or not the delivery time. I am not sure what happens if they don't make their guaranteed time.

Ebay just started showing the estimated delivery times on auctions, and sellers are up in arms about it as they know buyers are going to blame them when it says "2-6 days" and it isn't there on the 6th day.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

I took them up on that offer last year. I liked it so much that I paid $78 (or thereabouts) for a full year of the service. I figured my purchase history with them justified it. And this past year, I've more than paid for that membership in saved shipping costs. BUT ... it seems to me that more and more of their merchandise does NOT qualify for free shipping under the program. In the beginning, all of the stationary machines I was looking at did ... drill press, drum sander ... but not any more. I don't think I can buy enough kitchen utensils and books to cover the cost. I will not be renewing that membership.

Reply to
Art Greenberg