Organic Vapor Mask

I'm in the market for a good organic vapor mask. The Quicklatch from AOSafety, at ~$40 looks appealing. I've also seen some mention 3M here. Any strong suggestions? I'm going to go to a supply house to try a few on, but other than a good fit, is there anything I should be on the lookout for? Also, I'd prefer to not end up with a Dustfoe situation, wherein the filters become no longer available.
JP
On 13 Apr 2006 05:23:38 -0700, Jay Pique wrote:

I have this one:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p1234&cat=1,42207,42220&ap=1
I've been doing a lot of work on weekends, all day in the shop, with this thing on. Its plenty comfortable, and doesn't seem to increase work of breathing at all. I hardly notice I have it on.
--
Art

Art Greenberg wrote:

I've got the next one down from that--same cartridges, but rubber instead of silicone.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p1232&cat=1,42207,42220&ap=1
Works just fine for the odd use. Haven't noticed any skin irritation. The main thing is to make sure that whatever you get fits properly.
Chris

I've been very happy with my 3M 7502 (or 7501, 7503 depending on size). It's available from a variety of places, but I found it cheapest online at: http://www.ottofrei.com/store/product.php?productidh91&cat 91&page=1 I use it primarily for dust, but the few times I've used it for organic vaporos it's been very effective also (with appropriate cartridges). There are a wide variety of both dust and OV cartridges available for it - I found some fairly inexpensively on eBay. I like the comfortable silicone facepiece, and the fact that you can flip it down off your head but leave it hooked around your neck if you need to talk to someone. It does interfere with normal conversation, as I think most real respirators would. I have a goatee, and it still seals well on my face. It seals better than any of the paper masks I've tried, though I haven't tried any other cartridge-type respirators. Hope this helps, Andy
Mine Safety Company - probably the largest maker of breathing apparatus and safety products in the world. Not likely to go out of production soon. I have a few models of their masks and they are really good quality. They have a large selection of cartridge types for diff uses.
http://www.msanorthamerica.com /