Would this look right?

x-no-archive:yes

I am building for my mom a self standing knive drawer with butcher clock cutting board on top. The plans in my book call for the false drawer front to be about 10 inches long and 2 and 1/4 inches wide. It does not call for it but could I cut the drawer front similar to the way you cut for a raised panel so it matches the drawers in my kitchen or is this wood not wide enough? (You know the "bevel" look on the drawer face for lack of a better term. Can you give me advice on how to set up a table saw for this? My book shows how but only for raised panel cuttign a larger piece of wood such as a door.

Reply to
stryped

Is now.

  1. Tilt saw blade

  1. Bevel ends

  2. Bevel sides

NOTE - "Bevel" means that you are not cutting through the full thickness of the wood.

Reply to
dadiOH

Use a ZCI, specially made for your bevel angle. Tom

Reply to
tom

I think you have asked a similar question. Check your other posts and review the answers.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
stryped

x-no-archive:yes

What is a ZCI ?

Reply to
stryped

Zero clearance insert.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

At some point in your life - both woodworking and regular - you are going to have to make a decision all on your own. It makes little difference whether you use a saw or router (about which you did not ask) except that most router bits that bevel are 45 degrees. If that's what you want, fine; if not you can either buy a router bit with a different bevel (limited choice) or use your saw.

As far as what angle for the saw blade, that is entirely optional. WTF angle do you want? Make a decision...

Reply to
dadiOH

On 4/13/2006 11:04 AM stryped mumbled something about the following:

It's archived now.

Reply to
Odinn

On 4/13/2006 11:02 AM stryped mumbled something about the following:

This is archived as well. You also need to learn how to trim sigs.

Reply to
Odinn

On 4/13/2006 8:35 AM stryped mumbled something about the following:

It's archived now.

Why don't you start doing a little research on your own? I expect my 5 yr old grandson to ask how to do everything, but by the time he's 10, he better be doing some research on his own, not asking for every step like you do.

Reply to
Odinn