Options for replacing/rebuilding cordless drill batteries...

Hello to the group,

Like many of you, I have several cordless drills in my studio. Several of them (Dewalt, Bosch, Ryobi) need their rechargeable batteries replaced. However, when you check the price of a new battery, you can almost get a new drill for a couple of batteries.

I have heard of places that will rebuild your batteries for less than the cost of new, sometimes at a cost savings of 50% give or take. Has anyone used these services and if so, what has been your experience with the remanufactured batteries. Do they last as long, if not longer than the original batteries, or is that just sales talk?

Since I will need to replace about 15 of these in sizes ranging from 9.6v to

18v, the cost savings will be substantial if the rebuilt batteries pass muster. If you have had good luck with one of these companies, a link would be appreciated, or the name and I can Google it.

Thanks in advance and all the best to you and yours! Take care!

Reply to
Steve Russell

SNIP

SNIP

It's Benzer! I remember! It seems like years ago we all met up on the woodturning NG. I guess in reality it was...

Anyway, I think you have an Altex electronics there in Houston. I am in San Antonio, and they were rebuilding batteries here as little as 3 months ago according to one of my fellow contractors, and at reasonable rates. Their batteries seem to be working well as the replace them with higher amp batteries from Panasonic. I think my amigo said his batteries for his 18v were something like $39, and he did confirm they lasted longer than he remembered the originals going on a charge.

As a matter of fact, here 'tis:

I said, I don't know if they are building them in Houston or not.

But someone I know has used these guys and (when using American Express) he was fearless and had no problems. (Remember, using your American Express will automatically double the manufacturer's warranty.) Wasn't me, though.

luck. Hope you post back and let us know who you used and your experience with them.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I used Batteries Plus. The batteries are better than new.

cm

Reply to
CM

Hello Robert,

Good memory... :-) I closed the Benzer account I had had for 10+ years just last year. I had gotten a broadband account with Roadrunner a few years earlier and could not take the email address with me. I remember you as well from the woodturning and woodworking newsgroups.

Thanks for all of your information, I will check them out and report back. It would be great if I could find a place here in Houston, failing that I will check out the mail order company you mentioned. Take care and all the best to you and yours!

Reply to
Steve Russell

Hello,

Thanks for the tip... I will check them out. Since I need to get about 15 units rebuilt, the need to get a reliable company is paramount. Take care and all the best to you and yours!

Reply to
Steve Russell

I've had great luck with VoltmanBatteries,

You send them your battery packs, they rebuild them and send them back. They rebuilt two 14.4 v. batteries for my PC drill for $35.00 each. Quick turnaround, great folks.

I have no relati> Hello to the group,

Reply to
Vince Heuring

snipped....

and yet another option:

I've not used them but I believe there are a number who have with good results. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson