Rebuilding Cordless Drill Battery Pack

Geez, you do a search for batteries on the internet and it

True story...

Reply to
chester

Check the site for a location near you. I have had them rebuild many batteries, even build a power source for my video camera. I just had a 18 v dewalt rebuilt in a week for $64 and it came with a 6 month guarantee.

I do not do well soldering on sensitive connections.

Reply to
SQLit

Alan Smithee posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Will your existing charger handle the change in chemistry? probably not...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Try

or
They sell the cells plain and tabbed and will spot weld the cells together for you.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

I want to rebuild my cordless drill's battery pack. I need 15 sub c cells

1.2 volt (18volts/1.2=15). My old drill took NiCads but I thought I'd upgrade them to NiMH. The charger is one of those dumb chargers, hopefully it just takes longer to charger the NiMHs. BTW, how do you solder the suckers together? Last time I tried to solder a battery I couldn't get the end to take tin. Also, is there a decent mailorder battery place someone could recommend. Geez, you do a search for batteries on the internet and it almost like searching for p*rn with the number of flaky sites that come up. Thx.
Reply to
Alan Smithee

Spot weld from factory but I didn't have any problem soldering the batteries together. Also try ebay as you may be able to buy a new battery pack cheaper than rebuilds. Make sure they use good batteries, Panasonics for example.

Charging NiMH on a NiCad charger, I don't know. I've done it with individual cells ok but I heard from other people that NiCad charger don't work as the tolerance on the NiMH is more demanding - I have no experience in this with the power packs.

Reply to
Fred

They specialize in rebuilding your packs and conversions to NIMH. They install a heat sensitive switch in the pack so you can use your existing charger. I have had them rebuild many nicad packs as nimh and have had no problems.

RON ======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Reply to
Ron in NY