Oil for guitar fingerboards?

Page 2 of 2

No - I'm skipping over points that aren't worth obsessing about any more.

No, I drew the obvious conclusion: that you think (as you stated) that lemon oil is nothing more than lemon-flavored mineral oil. It isn't.
--
Regards,

Based on what ALL the participants in this thread were talking about, you thought pure lemon oil, straight from the lemon, contained mineral oil? Context meant nothing to you?

Certainly not. Where did that come from, anyway? It's YOU who has the confusion between lemon oil and mineral oil, not me -- YOU said lemon oil is just flavored mineral oil.
--
Regards,

OK - you can have the last word, which is the ONLY goal here. This is no longer worth the effort.

It never was. But it's amusing to wind you up and watch the lunacy emerge. The more you write, the less sense you make; the less sense you make, the funnier it gets.
--
Regards,

Lunacy? All you do is ask questions, but you are totally unable to explain what YOU believe about the subject at hand.

Yes, lunacy. Want an example? Just look above. I had written previously that your stated belief that lemon oil is simply flavored mineral oil is incorrect; from this you managed to conclude that I thought that lemon oil contains mineral oil. I can't even begin to imagine how you managed *that* leap.

If you would read what I've actually written, you'd see that I've made it quite clear what I believe: that lemon oil is in fact NOT the same as flavored mineral oil, in contradiction to your statement that you "know" that's all it is. I'm sorry you find this so confusing.
--
Regards,

Dude. You said 'lemon oil is actually lemon flavored mineral oil', and several of us showed you that you're wrong. It's not complicated. You made a poorly researched generalization and/or an ambiguously worded statement, that's all. Several seconds at google would have prevented your initial mistake.

I'm over it.
says...

The meaning is obvious to anyone with ordinary skills at reading the English language, and no "interpretation" is necessary: you believe that lemon oil is "just 'flavored' mineral oil".
That belief is incorrect.
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:40:58 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

well rosewood is pretty oily wood to start with. unless you are keeping the guitar in some harsh conditions or are cleaning it regularly with acetone I don't see the need to add oil at all. depending what kind of instrument this is the finish may affect the sound, and I'm by no stretch qualified to recommend anything to help there. as far as cleaning it, something like murphy's oil soap is probably about right. a film finish like laquer should make it easier to clean, but again may affect the sound....
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:40:58 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

Guitar fingerboards are usually ebony or rosewood. They do not need any finish or oil. To clean a fingerboard, take the strings off and use fine steel wool.
Guitars should be properly humidified. Take the proper precautions to keep them from drying out or getting too much humidity.
Why would you want a fingerboard "moisturized"? It's normal moisture content is fine as long as it's not too dry - usually evident by sharp fret ends protruding. Don't confuse moisture (water) with oils. Big Daddy

I think I (and other players) have been brainwashed by the guitar makers, who also sell little bottles of stuff. :-(