Oh, wow!

Just been informed that I've won 1.7 million Euros in an Austrian lotto that requires no purchase. Limited to Austrians, of course, but...

What I'd like to know is WHY do I have to share the 50 million Euro grand prize with 29 others?

Are Austrians the new Nigerians?

Reply to
Charles Self

WOW !

I started getting the same messages 3 days after subscribing to this NG. I wonder if that lotto is another symptom of having Google Groups?

Tom in KY, Lucky Austrian millionaire. :-)

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

I wanna win the Polish million dollar lottery. $1 a year for a million years.

Charles Self wrote:

Reply to
Joe_Stein

As soon as your email address hits the web it's just a matter of time before the spam comes. These guys use "robots" to scour the web looking for email addresses from just about anywhere (forums, groups, sites, etc....). It's highly recommended that you "munge" your address when posting to public forums. Check out this. It's old but it'll get you started....

James "Cubby" Culbertson

That's what I love about European lotteries: they're so economical. Even I can afford to win.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Or use a "throwaway" account. See my address - I visit there once or twice a week and do a quick scan - I get about four valid messages a year and 50-100 spams a day.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Hey, for half the prize, I'll be an Austrian. Ich habe eine blau Bleistift. Howzat? guten Morgen, jo4hann

Reply to
jo4hn

spam/anti-virus program. I see maybe 2 or 3 spam per week, usually a new one they haven't blacklisted yet, but I very seldom see them a second time. Just looked @ the quarantine file on their site, 183 messages from 1/9 & 1/10. They keep me happy.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Too Berlinische. Austrians would pronounce it more like 'Isch'.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser