Off Topic: E-Mail Client Suggestions

Page 3 of 3

As a computer engineer ...
I use Outlook, primarily because of work, but it makes a decent all-in-one solution for me for email, contacts and calendar.
Microsoft offers Windows Mail Live (Free), not to be confused with MSN Live (a.k.a. Hotmail). I have not personally used it but many of my collegues and clients use it and are quite happy with it.
I also use GMail. It allows me to have my work mail and personal email forwarded to one account. That makes life very easy when I'm on the road and cannot connect directly.
There are a number of good email applications available, it just depends on the features you want. One that is often used is Forte Agent. Yes, it's a newreader but it is also an email application.
Good luck! `Casper
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 16, 12:54 am, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:
Mozilla Thunderbird...would send but not receive.
Check your settings. Check with COMCAST - they should be able to point you to a FAQ/Help Page listing the settings for Thunderbird.
I. too, was frustrated with Windows Seven and it's elimination of Outlook / Windows Mail. But found Windows Live Mail and set it up to read NetZero after a few miss-steps.
If it reads, it should write. If it reads, its likely NOT the client software but the fellow setting it up.
As to the font size in Windows Live, you may be able to change that. In other versions of Windows you could change the font size and/or change the screen resolution to make things easier on old eyes.
Add pictures here
✖

I have been through it a number of times with both Comcast and Thunderbird. Still not receiving. Comcast was no help. And from what I can find out on forums, etc, a certain percentage of the 64 W7 folks never get hooked up.

I have Live Mail. The problem with any Microsoft email product is that the format is easily corrupted and it is difficult to archive or store it. You have to move the archived message back into the program to read it.
I need someway of storing large numbers of email publications outside of the reader. And store it in a fashion that it can be easily read and sent to other locations.

That is logical. And I have tried every variation in configuring it I can. Still no luck.
I will try out Agent today. See if that works.

The problem is not resolution of font size. The problem is the pastel colors and washed out screen. The contrast available in XP just isn't there. You have the high contrast modes that washes out certain portions of almost any screen out there. Thereby eliminating important information and functions. Another problem is that many websites and software will not allow you to substitute a legible typeface. It is amazing the number of typefaces there are that can only be ready by young eyes. Talk about age discrimination.
Add pictures here
✖
"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote in

It's possible that my suggestion of using Eudora 7.1.0.9 got lost in my discussions with Karl.
To reiterate: Eudora stores mail in textfiles caclled *.mbx files. In this individual emails are concatenated with delimiters between, and a separate *.toc file for each mbx file contains other info that helps Eudora display individual emails. In other words, your email are perfectly readable with a text editor, but it may at first be confusing. Eudora of course displays emails just as well as any email reader. I've never had problems with backgrounds or font colors, unless the sender did something really weird, and even then Eudora easily helps you extract the text.
Attachments are divorced from each email as the email comes in, and are stored all together in a separate attachment directory. However, it is fairly easy to copy or move the attachments from the display of each individual email.
I am currently using this Eudora on XP Pro, Vista Home Basic and Win7 Pro, with no problems. As mentioned there is usenet support for Eudora in nntp://comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
--
Best regards
Han