Off Topic: E-Mail Client Suggestions

"Lee Michaels" wrote in news:4c6d7150$0$17901$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

It's possible that my suggestion of using Eudora 7.1.0.9 got lost in my discussions with Karl.

To reiterate: Eudora stores mail in textfiles caclled *.mbx files. In this individual emails are concatenated with delimiters between, and a separate *.toc file for each mbx file contains other info that helps Eudora display individual emails. In other words, your email are perfectly readable with a text editor, but it may at first be confusing. Eudora of course displays emails just as well as any email reader. I've never had problems with backgrounds or font colors, unless the sender did something really weird, and even then Eudora easily helps you extract the text.

Attachments are divorced from each email as the email comes in, and are stored all together in a separate attachment directory. However, it is fairly easy to copy or move the attachments from the display of each individual email.

I am currently using this Eudora on XP Pro, Vista Home Basic and Win7 Pro, with no problems. As mentioned there is usenet support for Eudora in nntp://comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Reply to
Han

I believe all of those are software modems.

What????

Still Chairman of the Board.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

JPL didn't run WinBlows on the Mars Rover. ;-)

Reply to
krw

That's always the problem with "soft" modems, the main reason I never bought one.

Most? Bullshit. They wrote M$ Office and MediaPlayer for the MAC, of course, but that's about it.

Ballmer is far worse than Gates ever dreamed of being.

Reply to
krw