Odd sized plywood at HD

Page 2 of 2
As soon as you can convince them that it will sell "Hot & Heavy" , it would be in the stores in weeks.
How many "units"(50 sheets) of Baltic Birch can they sell in reality ??? Not very many... The home centers count on one thing in sales...Very large volume.
mttt wrote:

Thanks for the information. .... I am learning all the time.
Bob

letters
of
5x5 is the steandard size for baltic birch
John
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:37:26 GMT, "Bob Davis"

What part of the country are you in? I went to my local HD, looked around - nothing. Asked an employee working in the plywood aisle, and he gave me that same blank look I always get when I ask for baltic birch or talk about 5'X5' sheet goods. I'm in central New Jersey.
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:37:26 GMT, "Bob Davis"

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com wrote in message

Chris: Do you have Baltic Birch plywood? HD Guy: Birch plywood? Right over there. Chris: No, "Baltic" birch plywood. HD Guy: Bal.. huh? What plywood? Chris: It's called "Baltic Birch" also known as cabinet grade plywood. It has 11 plys instead of 7, no voids, and... HD Guy: <looks confused about usage of "plys" and "voids" Chris: ... comes in 5x5 sheets. HD Guy: <confidently now because I have said something he knows about> Plywood comes in 4x8 sheets. We can cut it for you though. Chris" <sigh>
To be fair, I have had similar conversations at some of the hardware/lumber combo stores in my area. Finally found a lumber yard nearby that carries 1/2 and can order the thicker stuff. There is some stuff that I don't even BOTHER asking for at the Borg anymore.
-Chris
I'm going to go back and look at the 5x5 stuff and see what it is that I really saw, now that I've been educated by all the geezer's in the conference.
Bob

Houston, Texas.
Bob
wrote:

they
for
plain
it
cut
It only fits in my E-150 through the side doors. No way it'll go through the "big" doors in back. Plenty of room inside, though.

Bob is in Housten. Has anyone else seen Baltic Birch plywood at Home Depot in other parts of the country? Where?
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:37:26 GMT, "Bob Davis"