O/T: Think Test

Page 2 of 2
says...

Actually, we can probably file that under 'urban legends'. I live Down Under and the water goes down the drain clockwise in my bathroom sink more often than not. Some Physicists, I remember reading, down here have done experiments (pitching for the ignoble awards, maybe?) and found that misc. erroneous & random factors have a much stronger influence on water in a sink than the coriolis effect.
f.w.i.w. -P.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

23
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

21
But I'll have to admit cheating on the first phone question, it was sitting between me and the keyboard and I have never been all that great with minor temptations.
basilsik

21/25. no cheats. not even the phone or book ones ;-)
jc
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:59:39 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Zero - I don't do flash.

I recently reinstalled Windows. It seems I installed the flashblock application but never installed flash itself. There's no point until I really want to watch a video on YouTube, they keep on requiring the latest version anyway.
Puckdropper
--
Wishing Flash and bad PDFs would go away.

21, but some of those don't have absolute answers.
--

-MIKE-

I got 21... and I think I can be excused for not knowing how many matches are in a standard pack, because I don't smoke and never have.
Doug Miller wrote:

I got 21 too, even got 2 of the three that have a decided US slant, so being a canuck isn't too bad, missed the matches question, I was assuming a metric pack. ;-)
--
Froz...

20

Well, there is one where their answer is simply wrong -- which way water goes down a drain -- plus a couple where there is more than one correct answer -- which way fans rotate, and which way a merry-go-round turns -- because it depends on the particular device. You can find fans that turn in either direction; heck, I have some that have a reversing switch on them. (Not to mention the 'minor' issue of which way is 'facing' an exhaust fan. :) And I know of one amusement park (now defunct) that had counter-rotating merry-go-rounds, _side-by-side_.
I got the book-of-matches question wrong. I can't think of when the last time I saw, let alone _used_, a match-book -- have always had box matches around instead.
Robert Bonomi wrote:

I never even thought of the fact that they would have one match per cigarette in a pack.
--

-MIKE-

D'oh! says me. That connection hadn't occurred to me either. Of course, practically _nobody_ in my family smoked. One grandfather and an uncle were pipe men, that's _it_. I spent most of my working life in computer rooms, no exposure to smokers =there= either.
-MIKE- wrote:

Wouldn't gopher matches need at least two per cigarette?
--
http://www.welshpembrokecorgis.com