O/T: Ken Burns

The man has done it again.

His series of documentary films on the Nat'l Park system are currently running on PBS.

If you get a chance, it is some very interesting stuff IMHO.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I've been watching. Makes me want to get in the car and go.

Reply to
Steve Turner

DVR'ing every one of them.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

I agree whole heartedly. It is TV worth watching. Burns seems to be able to focus on the subject and pass along interesting information while entertaining.

Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

Yep.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yeah, it's been pretty good stuff with only minimal political subtext. However, I think Ken's template created with the Civil War series is wearing a bit thin. Let's see, slow violin music, a voice over of a gravely voiced or properly accented speaker, panning over a black and white photo and all the time, everything is grandeous.

If you think the series is nice you would have loved the 5 days I spent backpacking in the Yosemite backlands a few weeks ago. I had made the 18 mile round trip one day hike up Half Dome from the valley floor back earlier in July. However, when I returned on this latest trip (I make several a year) and on day 4 we summited Clouds Rest,

1,000+ feet higher than Half Dome and looking down on it from just a few miles away, it was a great place to have lunch with a 360 degree view.

http://www.s> The man has done it again.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

We just returned from: Santa Fe Colorado Springs & Pikes Peak Estes Park & Rocky Mtn. NP Yellowstone NP Grand Teton NP Jackson Hole Flaming Gorge Colorado National Monument Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP Gunnison, Lake City, Creede, South Fork & Pagosa Springs, CO

Had a great time.

Some pictures:

Max

I hate you. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

"Steve Turner" wrote

Max

Reply to
Max

Burns did a nice 60 min. documentary on the Shakers. A lot of libraries will have copies.

It's called "The Shakers: Hands to Work, Hearts to God."

Reply to
informer

Salt & pepper?

Max (I just had to do that)

Reply to
Max

Yeah, and the Quakers attend the Church of San Andreas.

--- Joe (I just had to do that too.)

Reply to
Joe