Architorture the Documentary

Architorture is a documentary that captures five diverse students in a single studio at one university throughout the entirety of their thesis project. The film will convey a mere sliver of time, wholly representative of the experience to create a student's paramount work. The footage will illustrate the range of emotions and process of this extremely intense period at the conclusion of an academic career. It is our goal for the documentary to possess educational, entertaining, realistic and inspiring qualities in response to the dynamic world these students cross.

The website has both a discussion forum, featuring students' and professionals' personal anecdotes from their thesis experience, and a confessionals page showcasing filmed interviews with architects and students that reveal their own experiences.

Check out the website and watch the concept evolve. Please post your own reactions on the threads because they help explain through your words the studio story and provide inspiration as we move towards production.

-Architorture Team

Reply to
architorturefilm

Some years after graduating from the School of Architecture and Urban Planning on the campus of UW-Milwaukee I had the radio playing in the kitchen as I prepared breakfast. The news reported an architectural student had been arrested for disorderly conduct.

I wasn't even there but somehow I "knew" exactly what had transpired.

Reply to
clintonG