O/T: It's no longer a mystery

A few of you may be too young to remember Woodstock.
It is no longer a mystery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4_MsrsKzMM

Dave in Houston
Dave in Houston wrote:

Toad alley wasted.
(I was about 30 miles away, which may have been too close!)
ROFL
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I was about 25 miles away, had tickets and stayed home. Too wet, too long a walk from any parking area, and a minimum of 20 bucks to park in someone's drive or on their lawn (20 bucks back then was about $160 today). I hadn't been out of the Marines long enough to enjoy walking again, even though I wasn't a grunt.
Dave in Houston wrote:

button at the top of the page and all of a sudden it sounded like the Beatles. Amaaaaaaaaaazing.
    sweet,     jo4hn

That Youtuber made me laff.
Just totally full of excellence. Thanks for that.
7 of us headed for Woodstock in an Econoline van and we were well on our way AND we were well on our way and were turned back at the US border in Niagara Falls. So, in a stroke of brilliance, my buddy drove us north to the Lewiston border, where the border man looked at his watch and said: "You guys made good time all the way from Niagara Falls..and NO, you're not getting in."
In retrospect it was a good thing that they didn't even bother pulling us over into secondary to search us....
.
Robatoy wrote:

It's sometimes nice to encounter "law enforcement officials" with a sense of humour.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
We tend to remeber the best of times - and forget the worst of that same period. I hope we someday get to the best of those times - and get out of the worst times we're in right now - or on the verge of.
Being on the Other Coast, we did our own version - BEFORE Altamont and the Stones blew it - big time.
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlieb/3daybein.htm
I was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
charlie b

It was HIGH times!
Dave in Houston

The music was also amazing in those days. You'd head-bang your socks off one minute to Hendrix and got washed away by Judy Collins the next. It was all good.
To divide this cockeyed world in two Throw your pride to one side, it's the least you can do. Beatniks and politics, nothing in new A yardstick for lunatics, one point of view
Who care what games we choose? Little to win, but nothin' to lose.
Robatoy wrote:

There /was/ good music - some great music - but there was also Kent State and music like John Stewart's "If you don't look around". I guess the "good" depended on the beholder and the moment.
To me, it didn't all feel good. I'm with charlieb.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Followed by some of the best "Sha-la-las" ever recorded.
Robert
Dave in Houston wrote:

Not if you're the guy who has to stay straight enough to deal with Suits and Uniforms - alas - a role I was often assigned - often by default rather than choice. On the plus side though, I'm one of the few who actually remember most of it - even behind some Hells Angles Window Pane Acid. It's a gift, or a curse depending on how you look at it, being The Responsible One.
Having to find out if a friend's father was killed in a plane crash - in the middle of a mescaline trip - will really test one's ability to focus. He wasn't on the plane that crashed at La Guardia that night - with no survivors.

I was there, Charlie.. and IMHO, the Stones screwed up, but it was the Hell's Angels that totally blew it..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

My older sister was there for the whole thing. Yeah she got naked with a whole bunch of'um then it was time to get in the water and wash off.

don't remember them..
Luckily, I had a few friends that were more restrained and filled the gaps in for me.. I recently downloaded the some live music from Woodstock... It was cool, but just not the same without a high THC level.. ;-[
At what age did our drug of choice become ibuprofen?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

That's what flashbacks are for!
Truth to tell, I wasn't even aware Woodstock was happening. I didn't even start "happening" till I was 19 which was 1969 and had come home from a year of small-town college in southern Colorado (another story for another time). But I blossomed soon thereafter and I was all over it like flies on shit.

Like the old saying goes: "If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself."
Dave in Houston

Maybe I'm not old enough to understand but what, exactly, does this have to do with that little bird in the Charlie Brown comic strip?
--
FF