NYW and Direct TV in Detroit

I do not know what it is, but the last 2 episodes of NYW have not aired on DirectTV. I checked the listings and did not find it on Saturday afternoon either. Seems like this happens every year towards the end of their season. I recall having the same issue with Comcast too. Anyone else notice this?

matt

Reply to
Matt

I've noticed in my area that pledge weeks have preempted just about everything so they can play Boomer concerts, Irish music, and the fiftieth reunion of the Osmonds. They tell me Nahm and Roy will be back after they're done.

Reply to
else24

In Detroit you would be seeing the local PBS outlet on DirecTV so if the most recent episodes are not being shown this would be their decision and not one over which DirecTV has any influence.

If the local station persists in this behavior you might want to contact them, explain the problem, and ask them if they will grant you a waiver so that you can have DirecTV activate channel 384 which is the PBS national feed, and which does carry the current episodes.

Reply to
J. Clarke

It's probably not DirectTV, per se, it's the local station they're carrying (same PBS station as you'd get over-the-air there) which has pre-empted it for a begathon.

I have three local PBS' on my DishNetwork local package. All three air NYW on a completely different schedule. One of them doesn't do begathons at all--the other two haven't even started the 2008 season yet. The good one just aired Episode 2009, the last of the kitchen cabinet project, and runs only a week or two behind the national PBS feed.

And, yes, my website is up to date.

Reply to
LRod

Even Norm can't watch it. WGBH in Boston bumps him. As does WENH a little bit further north. One of the two, for reasons known only to them, decide to show it on Thursday at 12:30 pm when they are begging on the weekend. I can never remember to watch then.

It's only $100 for the kitchen series on dvd ;)

A very important thing to have, to point out to SWMBO that it even took Norm 20 years to get around to redoing the kitchen for her. You really can't put a price on that.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

I got the same line of crap.

Around here, they have a PhD in begging.

What I found out is that the current programs are taken off the satellite after they have been aired and unless the local station records them for later showing, (highly unlikely according to the station) you wait until the next time they are on the satellite, thus I haven't seen the latter part of a season in at least 5 years.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Exactly, they have never "caught up" with the shows that are missed. I realize its a PBS thing, but come on! I am all for helping out with fundraisers etc, just run the only freakin shows I watch on TV on another day/time slot. With the DVR, I dont care if they run it at

3am, I will just record it.

While I am pissed, what about NYW on DIY? They really butcher the show, skipping all of the stuff WE want to see. How many shows have they skipped the finishing room? Come on!

matt

Reply to
Matt

That's why I dumped Comcast cable and went to a power antennae. I now have high definition, monthly billing, and donated to public television. Why pay for cable AND have to put up with blasting commercials, endless repeats, and bad editing? Never did find Roy. In east TN.

Reply to
Phisherman

I only get it on PBS with Charter Cable. They've skipped episodes, labeled them wrong and stopped showing new ones. I got so fed up trying to watch the kitchen series that I finally downloaded it from a torrent.

Reply to
dcamron71