NYW in Colorado

Does Denver/Boulder have a different schedule than the rest of the country for the New Yankee Workshop. So far, all they have shown is reruns of last years eps.

I've emailed the Denver PBS stations; they don't even bother responding. I've just moved from the Bay Area, and I can hack the snow/cold, but can't hack not watching Norm.

Any Coloradians have the scoop?

Thanks, Chuck

--------------------- email mister_360 at yahoo dot calm, (address munged to avoid spam)

Reply to
xbit

Thanks, Wendell. KQED in San Francisco says it begins the new season today. Norm's website says the new shows began in January.

Guess it's just done different here and there...just have to wait...

Chuck

Reply to
xbit

you may have to buy a satellite dish like us hillbillies

Reply to
KYHighlander

Check Norms web site.

new season just started a couple of shows ago.

Reply to
<redd103

Not a Coloradan, but I can help with the scoop. PBS releases each episode according to the schedule listed at

affiliate is free to air it whenever they want, but no earlier than the national feed. My personal experiences were in Chicago, South Florida, and in Northeast Florida.

WTTW in Chicago aired each episode on Saturday morning a week after the release (if memory serves; I've been gone for nearly five years), and rebroadcast it on Sunday evening.

WPBT in South Florida aired it on Saturday only about three weeks behind the PBS schedule.

I don't know what WLRN's (also South Florida) schedule is, because I never got it when I was living there.

WMFE in Orlando seems to air it about a week behind PBS (I don't really know for sure because I'm getting it from the PBS feed on satellite).

WGBH in Boston broadcasts on the same day as PBS (what a surprise, since the series is produced there).

Hearing from viewers all over the country in threads like this, I can tell you that the schedule at individual stations varies dramatically. Some, I understand, don't carry it at all.

I couldn't get either The American Woodshop or The Router Workshop in South Florida while I was there which is a testament to the idiocy of their programming gurus.

After each episode has been run in the new season, PBS broadcasts each episode from the season two years ago, then each episode from last years season, winding up with a repeat of this year's season (I think that's correct; it's at least a reasonable representation). How the affiliates handle that is decided locally, and, of course, is always subject to interruption by what used to be the quarterly whine, but now seems much more frequent and certainly more annoying.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Like you don't even exist? Must not have a "Membership" drive on!

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

New season in Houston begins Feb 29 IIRC.

Reply to
Leon

No idea on NYW (I Tivo it from satellite), but when I wanted to find the new TOH episodes it appeared that they aren't shown on Denver PBS (KRMA). I called them, was routed to voicemail by the receptionist, and left a message - didn't expect a response at that point since most places seem to dump messages into the void.

Imagine my surprise the next day when I received a call from one of the programming fellows at KRMA. He took the time to listen to my question, and then told me that TOH is shown as part of the "New This Old House Hour", he also told me the day and time.

I wonder if they have something similar for NYW. That explained why I couldn't find it using a TIVO search, since I was searching for TOH, not the New TOH Hour.

Give them a call - my experience has been very positive, and no, I'm not a PBS member :)

email to snipped-for-privacy@notreal-ruybal.com (remove the "notreal-")

Reply to
CR

Welcome!

New season has yet to start. Since we have two stations - you can double your viewing pleasure. I pull the locals from DirecTV.

And, by the way, *this* ain't cold. Minnesota is cold. Wisconsin is cold. This ain't cold... :)

Reply to
mttt