NYW miter staion - finally finished

Pics over on a.b.p.ww. of the NYW miter station I finally finished. I'll add a few more details here that I remembered and didn't include on the description there.

The miter joints on the red oak banding are splined 'cause I didn't have a biscuit joiner at the time. I thought I was being clever doing it this way until I tried thinking of how I was going to cut the actual spline groove on an 8'+ piece of red oak! It's not like you can stand that sucker on end and run it down the fence! So (as I recall) I made some temporary extensions to the tablesaw and a special sled that would accomodate this piece. Biscuits would have been easier but the splines add that "homemade" touch. I think you can see them in the photo of the cutout area. I ended up getting a biscuit joiner to add the red oak edges to the miter extensions. Easy as pie to use and had it done in 15 minutes, but the splines were more fun to make.

Cheers! Dukester

Reply to
Dukester

Yep, and I'm going to experiment with it on some picture frames my wife wanted.

Cheers! Dukester

Reply to
Dukester

How does one find a.b.p.ww

Reply to
henry

How does one find a.b.p.ww

Reply to
henry

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

You'll find in the list of groups that your newsserver carries. Of course, not every newsserver carrys every group.

Reply to
George Max

Nice work. Something to be very proud of.

Reply to
George Max

If your server doesn't carry the alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking group try

Dukester