OT: DST

Well here we are again, trying to wake up an hour early. If there was not enough to stoke the "global warming" fires, we continue to add 1 hour of day light every spring. An extra hour of day light cannot be helpful to counter act global warming. Maybe this early extra hour of day light will help to bring spring in and close out winter, even in Houston I'm ready for a bit of that Global Warming. ;~) On a side note, researchers have started to link cancer to poor sleep patterns. Several years ago I jokingly commented that DTS causes cancer, odd how things work out.

Reply to
Leon

I usually wake up before the alarm goes off. Not so this morning. The alarm went off, I didn't hear it and my wife reached out and touched me. With a good punch. Talk about being jolted out of slumberland.

I am still not awake.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Tar, feathers, statehouse.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Just curious, what's an alarm?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" inquired

An evil, auditory warning device designed to kill dreams and interupt healthful sleep.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Now I remember, I used to have one of those.

Lost it along with a wrist watch I once wore.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

A cat or dog that's fed at the same time every day.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Absolutely, our dog has to have her nightly "chewy" at 7:30. Picture explaining to a Great Dane that we are now on DST. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

And good luck setting one of them ahead or back an hour.

Reply to
J. Clarke

With daylight savings time upon us again, I hoped the government would have issued proper instructions for setting our clocks forward.

When we went OFF daylight savings last fall, the lack of proper instructions caused me a lot of problems. The government said that at

2:00 AM on Sunday, November 4, we had to set our clocks back one hour.

I am a very law abiding person, so on Saturday night, I set my alarm clock to go off a 2:00 AM Sunday morning. When it went off, I was a very sleepy but I got up and dutifully set all my clocks back an hour. I then went back to bed.

After only a short time, the alarm woke me up. It was 2:00 AM. So I got up and set all my clocks back an hour. I went back to sleep.

The alarm woke me . . . . . . .

yaaawwwn, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

The sound you hear when you rollover at 3AM and grab hold of your wife/partner.

Reply to
Mike

Looking at the time your post showed up, 18 minutes from now, it looks like you computer did not update correctly. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote

Tell me about it, I've been trying to explain that very fact to a certain 10 lb cat! :)

Question: Not being a "cat person" by nature, do male cats bitch and moan as much as the female variety?

Inquiring minds, and all that ....

Reply to
Swingman

I still use my wrist watch.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

The time and the last time my computer was correct in the morning but changed 1 hour after noon. I had to do a manual connect to one of the time providers. I am using XP PRO also and Bryan has had that problem with his XP Pro laptop.

Reply to
Leon

"Swingman" wrote

This one is posted from my Vista laptop while the other box is rebooting:

... maybe Y2K finally caught up with Win2K, eh?

Reply to
Swingman

"Leon" wrote

That's funny because this box is running Win2K Pro and I had to do it by hand as I have it set to "not adjust for DST" due to the new date apparently not being supported by the OS like Vista and XP... BUT I indeed set it last night, BEFORE I went to bed after spending the better part of the day an hour behind, and it's 6:20 PM CST/DST on the system clock as I write this.

Perhaps Outlook Express is still dragging its feet, but I can't imagine why it would not be using system time ... hmmm.

Reply to
Swingman

More than likely, your reply to mine is dated an hour before mine was written, as it comes off the server. :)

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" < wrote

I am fairly certain that it is the cat's fault.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

"Swingman" wrote

These messages seem to be all over the place, timewise ... it's not nice to fool with Mother Nature ... maybe it's Twilight zone time?

Reply to
Swingman