Norwegian Woodworkers?

Anyone out there from Norway?

Just curious.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

My father was from Norway and a woodworker. That's as close as I can come

Ken

Reply to
Ken Johnsen

Couple of generations back, close enough?

mvh, Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Probably, Isn't it Good ? that Norwegian wood ?

Reply to
Kazoo

Troll

Reply to
Ken Johnsen

Yes, it was. Favor please, Ken? Don't repost troll's messages, as it allows the troll's trolling to get past filters that have been set up to block just that.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yes. I am Norwegian. And I do a bit of woodworking, though I'm not to be considered a professional. However, it is rather pathetic to see how one small sentence, put on display by this 'JP' fellow, could trigger such an avalanche of all-but-objective trash. May you be comfortable by presenting yourselves so thoroughly. Happy woodworking. Kjell

"Kazoo" skrev i meld>

Reply to
Kjell Bæverfjord

Jay, maybe you mean to say something like: "here in Norway"?

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

Well I don't know if your replying to mine specifically, but I was quoting a rather harmless beatles song ... !, I for one could care less about Norway's financial success, though I certainly wish them all the best.

Happy Woodworking Indeed Kjell !, Sorry I couldn't help the obvious Beatles quote.

Reply to
Kazoo

Naah, there was a troll who wandered in and, like a child craving attention, spouted a load of noise. Just a troll, nothing to worry about.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

why would anybody in a skiing group care if any of the rec.woodworking regulars live in Norway?

enjoy your trip. Norway sounds like a nice place- especially in the summer....

Reply to
bridger

See a lot of woodworking at Nordic fest in Decorah IA this month. They always have guest woodworkers from norway.

vmtw

Not a flat that's for sure.....

Inger E

Reply to
Inger E Johansson

It's a thread about Norway. What do you expect ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

A friend of mine is thinking of buying a flat in Oslo.

Cheaper than England these days !

Reply to
Andy Dingley

"Andy Dingley" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

No definitely not. A relative of mine had to move home to Sweden when he and his fiance broke up. A flat in Oslo cost much more than any of all my friends in England, outside London's best districts, every have seen when looking around for flats.

I am sure that your friend either must have a lot of money or very good connections and I am also sure that he doesn't have the full picture of what it will cost him to get a flat with all it takes over a year or two. Most flats are owned by the person who lives in the flat. Your friend will not find it easy to find a rental flat if he doesn't have very good connection. The prices for a flat you buy aren't anything but very very expensive. Maybe your friend thinks of secondhand-rental of a flat or as most young ones moving to Oslo from abroad do - sharing a flat with 3-4 other persons.

Inger E

Reply to
Inger E Johansson

Drop me an email, I've been over there a couple of times, and my folks are over there right now. Be happy to give suggestions.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Done. I didn't know spamcop was an email server!

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Jay you are PIQUING man... RELAX!! JUST... JUST CALM DOWN!!

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

It's merely a moment of violent clarity in the proverbial sea of uncertainty. Think nothing further.

JP

***************** Clairvoyance upon demand.
Reply to
Jay Pique