Norway Spruce

I have a small Christmas tree ( Norway Spruce) in the garden. There ar

hundreds of new shoots all over it, but the inner branches seem to b brown and dying? I now notice that lots of branches are showing sign of yellowing all along them up to the new shoots? Anyone any ideas wh this is happening? is it dying? starving? ( London ) I'm not really gardener with any knowledge

-- emimec

Reply to
emimec

emimec wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk:

Likely normal. The old inner branches are shaded by the new outer growth and die off. Spruce trees get to be hollow as they age.

Reply to
Alfred Falk