No cedar, PTL for Salmon plank on the BBQ?

Page 1 of 2

Evening all,
A friend of mine told me about doing Salmon on a Cedar plank on the BBQ, and that it was quite tasty.
I don't have any cedar scraps around the shop right now. The last deck I made was from pressure treated lumber. Since both are used for decks, do you think I will have any problems using PTL planks to cook my Salmon on?
Thanks,
David.
Death could be a side effect. Nice troll David.

and
you
David F. Eisan wrote:

I would think the nasty fungicides/chemicals in pressure treated lumber precludes its use in food preparation.
http://www.ewg.org/reports/poisonwoodrivals/es.html http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/employees/envcomp/pdfs/cca-wood.pdf
er
--
email not valid

Death could be a side effect. Nice troll David.

and
you
On Sat, 6 May 2006 22:23:55 -0700, "David F. Eisan"

Don't you have any minnows for bait David? Salmon's pretty big and expensive to be using for that purpose.
Cedar planked Salmon, yum!

None at all, should be quite tasty.

No problem..and if you dont eat all the salmon, it'll 'keep' for 30 years, just like the PTL
On Sat, 6 May 2006 22:23:55 -0700, "David F. Eisan"

You can use PTL but the fish will wind up looking like Tammy Faye.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Of course if you EAT the fish you too would wind up looking like Tammy Faye!
Searcher
David F. Eisan wrote:

If it's a Chinook Salmon caught in Lake Erie the PTL may help neutralize the chemicals the salmon pick up from the lake.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Should be okay. Make sure you baste it in Cuprinol whilst cooking.
Personally, I have never planked a salmon...but there is this cute sheep...alas, I have said too much.
I have planked before, but not with cedar, I have used mesquite and cooked steaks on it. You have to soak the wood for a day or so and keep it wet/moist while cooking. Really makes the steaks taste great.
Searcher
Robatoy wrote:

Again, not if it's Lake Erie Salmon... There's enough residual Cuprinol in the Lake from us treating the bilges of our Lymans.
Personally, I like them smoked. Try a nice hunk of a railroad tie.
Mmmm...Creasote.
That's a good way to prepare carp, too.
Except you throw the fish away afterwards and eat the plank.
Tom Dacon

<<I don't have any cedar scraps around the shop right now. The last deck I made was from pressure treated lumber. Since both are used for decks, do you think I will have any problems using PTL planks to cook my Salmon on?>>
Don't be ridiculous. You can't plank salmon with PLT. Try Azek. You'll get better flames.
Lee

_________________________________
Good troll, Older PTW used arsnic a one of the chemicals. Tasty fish.
--
Tom Adams

"David F. Eisan" < snipped-for-privacy@splinter.hotmail.com> wrote in message
I only use Trex. You never know what they may have actually used for PTL.
Plus, what doesn't melt can be used for smoking later.
Robert

*sigh* You are obviously WAY* behind in your continuing education requirements for maintaining rabbinical currency.
That material is to be used *only* in the preparation/cooking of infant goat meat. This has been _well_known_ for many years. To wit:
"Silly rabbi, Trex is for kids."
"Oh. Cedar makes your life easier."
"You may think its butter, but its snot."
David F. Eisan wrote:

That stuff is dangerous. Use hemlock instead. LOL. Nice job David.
    squeamishly,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

Somebody help me with this hole in my lip?
er
--
email not valid