Nickel Plated Oval Head Screws

Hi all,
Does anyone have a good source for buying nickel plated screws? Specifically, I'm looking for nickel plated (polished), oval slot head wood screws. I can't seem to find a vendor online who has it.
As a side note, these screws are for some bathroom fixtures that are also polished nickel - some were ruined in the installation.
Thanks!!
Jason
Jason wrote: > > Does anyone have a good source for buying nickel plated screws? > Specifically, I'm looking for nickel plated (polished), oval slot head > wood screws. I can't seem to find a vendor online who has it. > > As a side note, these screws are for some bathroom fixtures that are > also polished nickel - some were ruined in the installation.
1) Try the supplier who sold you the fixtures. 2) Any decent hardware store.
Lew
Thanks, Lew!
Well, the supplier is in England so I was hoping to avoid that route, and the local (apparently indecent) hardware stores don't have the oval head variety.
But I'll keep looking!
-J
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Jason wrote:

Are you telling me you served as your own importer?
If not, check with the importer.
I'd be willing to wager some serious money that you have at least one good hardware store within 30 miles, unless you reside on the moon.
Lew
Be careful there, I have one Do It Best that I refuse to shop at due to high prices and we'll get it in next tuesday policy and one lumber yard that does a fair job on hardware. The next hardware store or borg of any kind is 32 + miles away. I am sure that I am not the only one it that type of area.

sweet sawdust wrote: > Be careful there, I have one Do It Best that I refuse to shop at due to high > prices and we'll get it in next tuesday policy and one lumber yard that does > a fair job on hardware.
By definition, they qualify<G>.
Lew
Lol, no, Lew, of course not.
Unfortunately, the kitchen & bath place where I purchased the fixtures gave me the "we'll have to check on it" nonsense. This is what I get for buying top-shelf imported stuff. I almost (almost) wish I had bought the chrome-plated plastic junk from Home Depot. Almost.
-J
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Jason wrote: > Lol, no, Lew, of course not. > > Unfortunately, the kitchen & bath place where I purchased the fixtures > gave me the "we'll have to check on it" nonsense. This is what I get for > buying top-shelf imported stuff. I almost (almost) wish I had bought the > chrome-plated plastic junk from Home Depot. Almost.
Can relate to the off shore products comments.
You would be surprised how much yacht hardware comes from Europe, the UK, NZ and OZ.
Start looking for a good local hardware store.
They will have a packaged assortment of various specialty fasteners including nickel plated oval.
Jamestown will have oval head S/S, but by the box of 100.
Good luck.
I'd still be tempted to solve my problem with the supplier.
Lew

Try www.jamestowndistributors.com or www.mcfeelys.com. They both have a pretty good selection of all kinds of weirdo screws.
Roy,
Thanks for the lead. I'm a big fan of McFeely's and the jamestown place looks great! Neither lists nickel plated on their site, but it's worth an email to customer service!
Cheers, Jason
Roy Smith wrote:

Both McMaster Carr and MSC Direct have a vast selection of screws.

McFeely's does list #6 x 5/8" Nickel Plated Slide Mounting Screw