Raised head brass machine screws.

I'm making up some fiendishly complicated A/V outlets for a job - SCARTS, S-Video, BNC, UHF, phonos, and a few other assorted connectors all on two two-gang brass panels. And would like to secure the connectors where applicable with raised head brass screws to match the plate fixing ones. Where I can use the 3.5mm ones I have, as I've plenty of those, but some of the connectors require smaller ones - 3mm and 2mm both 10mm or so long would be ideal - although BA or anything else of approx the same diameter would be ok too.

I've given up Googling - plenty say they have such things but turn out not to - or are just the easily obtained 3.5mm electrical fixing size.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave,

EKP will be able to help - particulalry in BA sizes:

Andrew Mawson

In a similar situation, I ended up drilling out the mounting holes by 0.5mm to accept the screws I had.

Depends on the feasability of this: if it involves wrecking the connector, then it's obviously a no-go...

Reply to
Ron Lowe

head. But they don't seem to have an online cat so I'll contact them next week.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It would with some of the connectors.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

raised

They will make to order as well !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Doubt the client would pay for that. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Could you have a chassis panel behind the front decorative plate, mount the connectors on the chassis panel and just have them poking through holes in the front plate?

Then you wouldn't need any visible fixings.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It would certainly be one way but increase the cost considerably. And space is already tight.

I also considered glueing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Might be worth talking to Folkestone Engineering Supplies:

list every other head type, but do say they have many more unlisted ones. Once you get down to 8 or 10 B.A., the difference between raised and countersunk heads can't be more than a gnat's wotsit anyway.

Reply to
Autolycus

Just fill the box with squirty foam, push it all together and hope it holds until the invoice is paid.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Smallest I'd want is 6BA and only a couple.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Or use stainless throughout:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Wouldn't have the nerve the amount I'm charging. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

s/squirty foam/poting compound/

B-)