news reader for Mac

I would like to know what news readers work with Macintosh? thanks pat
snipped-for-privacy@mac.com wrote:

I just use thunderbird for email and news groups. -G

I use MT-Newswatcher.
I also use MT Newswatcher. It's very solid and almost bullet proof. Is there an equivalent for PCs? I just bought a small laptop to travel with and really miss the ease of reading new groups that I took for granted with my Mac.
Jim
JAMES M. PRENDERGAST wrote:

I get good results with either PAN or Thunderbird. PAN is actually preferable for browsing graphics groups as it allows mass download of images embedded in the postings. It is a dedicated newsreader, doing one job, but doing it extremely well.
Both work with XP, but I cannot vouch for Vista ... my wifes machine has a gig of ram and a 2.? gigahertz cpu and it runs like chilled molasses next to my much more modest machine running XP. So all bets are off vis-a-vis Vista.
I think Bill Gates left Ballmer holding the bag.
http://pan.rebelbase.com / http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird /
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

I use Thoth, but it's no longer available. Other commonly used ones are Unison, MT-Newswatcher, Hogwasher...
Look here: <http://www.newsreaders.com/mac/clients.html
--
You can't PLAN sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot! -- Denny Crane

On Apr 2, 3:40 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mac.com wrote:

MT Newswatcher. No bells and whistles..just solid.

Here's the third vote for MT Newswatcher.
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

I personally use "Thoth". It is a superb Mac newsreader that excells at uploading and downloading. The biggest problem with it is that its' author, Brian Clark, has stopped further development. He is a little on the cranky side. Sort of like the "Joat" of the developers world <VBG>
The complete list of all currently available Mac news readers can be viewed at www.macorchard.com.
Specifically:
http://www.macorchard.com/usenet /
Joe
aka 10x
On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 04:44:10 -0600, 10x wrote

I use Hogwasher but there are may others as have been pointed out. You also can use Gnus if you are a fan of the only IDE needed for non-windows computers (Emacs!)
-Bruce