New Yankee Workshop Location

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I *think* I have the address. I'm still researching. It's just a fun thing to do. No ulterior motives.
mcp6453 wrote:

For Fun, I typed New Yankee Workshop in Google Earth and got,,
New Yankee Workshop
Write a review 528 Railway St Templeton, IA 51463

the NYW shop.

I don't watch the Victory Garden so I no reference other than the building appears to be the right color. (watch the wrap)
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCC&cp=r23pqh91zbgs&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=2741700&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1
but there are three tractor trailors that appear to be full of brads...

I don't watch the Victory Garden so I no reference other than the building appears to be the right color. (watch the wrap)
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCC&cp=r23pqh91zbgs&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene '41700&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1
but there are three tractor trailors that appear to be full of brads...
Much better photo that off Google Earth...;~)
The Victory Garden is no longer done by Morash, who did have the actual garden at his home which was next to the New Yankee Workshop.
This was pointed out by Norm on several occasions in prior years.
The Victory Garden is now another new group of folks.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/victorygarden /
John Grossbohlin wrote:

Ok, we're holding this on the last Saturday in September, on Norm's front lawn (the one with the nice patio furniture) to elect committee members and give him a lovely surprise. Unless the sub-committee us elected in time and manages to raid his kitchen, you'll have to bring your own sandwiches.
I propose J Clarke for secretary (chosen purely at random, honest!! but I'm dying to hear the acceptance speech) and for chairman. Larry & Robotoy. I'd nominate an auditor based on frequency of contribution to the group, so possibly Woodie or snipped-for-privacy@Yahoo.con
Other positions to be filled - Treasurer, Vise Chairman, Clamp Chairman, Lord High Executioner, Spanish Ambassador, Pitcher, Long Stop, Grand Vizier, Cabin Boy etc - can be decided by a vote. Florida residents excepted.
There will be a raffle. Winner gets to keep Norm for a year as a conversation-provoking mantle ornament. The contents of the shed will be distributed by drawing lots.
Now, we need a volunteer to negotiate the Cable deal.
Anyone?
Bored Borg wrote:

You are obviously a newbie.
LRod was elected President YEARS ago!
One look at his website, and you'll see why there can be no other. Off to Google for you...

Thank you.
In case anyone doesn't know it, I split off the Norm's Tools part of my personal website to an eponymous domain name last December.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
LRod wrote:

We got yer back! <G>
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:06:43 +0100, B A R R Y wrote

I stand chastised <hangs head in shame>
Bored Borg wrote:

oak tree at the edge of town. Bring a toad.
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:12:10 +0100, jo4hn wrote

What flavour?
--Not Bored Borg, just an innocent bystander...
<<Now, we need a volunteer to negotiate the Cable deal.>>
Would that be a Porter Cable deal?

_________________________________
Google Earth Latitude 42.424976 Longitude -71.208977
41 Pleasant St Lexington MA 02421
Art

hard to tell if this is it with all the trees. There is no clear view of Norm's shop or the little shed he built either. It doesn't even look like where the Victory Gardens is done for that matter.
--
Bob

On second thought, maybe the area at top left is where the Victory Gardens is at since there appears to be some beds, etc. But there is no clear view of Norm's shop and the shed.
--
Mike

If you don't like that photo use MS Virtual Earth... ;~)