New Yankee Workshop Location

I posted several messages via TeraNews today, but apparently I'm in limbo as a new user. It'll get there, eventually....

Reply to
B A R R Y

Do a Google map search on "NewYankee" :-)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You replied to the email they sent you I assume?

They do say there can be a 24 hour lag for new users to prevent abuse.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I don't watch the Victory Garden so I no reference other than the building appears to be the right color. (watch the wrap)

there are three tractor trailors that appear to be full of brads...

Reply to
Limp Arbor

Ok, we're holding this on the last Saturday in September, on Norm's front lawn (the one with the nice patio furniture) to elect committee members and give him a lovely surprise. Unless the sub-committee us elected in time and manages to raid his kitchen, you'll have to bring your own sandwiches.

I propose J Clarke for secretary (chosen purely at random, honest!! but I'm dying to hear the acceptance speech) and for chairman. Larry & Robotoy. I'd nominate an auditor based on frequency of contribution to the group, so possibly Woodie or snipped-for-privacy@Yahoo.con

Other positions to be filled - Treasurer, Vise Chairman, Clamp Chairman, Lord High Executioner, Spanish Ambassador, Pitcher, Long Stop, Grand Vizier, Cabin Boy etc - can be decided by a vote. Florida residents excepted.

There will be a raffle. Winner gets to keep Norm for a year as a conversation-provoking mantle ornament. The contents of the shed will be distributed by drawing lots.

Now, we need a volunteer to negotiate the Cable deal.

Anyone?

Reply to
Bored Borg

I don't watch the Victory Garden so I no reference other than the building appears to be the right color. (watch the wrap)

there are three tractor trailors that appear to be full of brads...

Much better photo that off Google Earth...;~)

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

You are obviously a newbie.

LRod was elected President YEARS ago!

One look at his website, and you'll see why there can be no other. Off to Google for you...

Reply to
B A R R Y

The Cabal is not amused. We ride tonight. Meet at midnight under the oak tree at the edge of town. Bring a toad.

Reply to
jo4hn

Would that be a Porter Cable deal?

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Thank you.

In case anyone doesn't know it, I split off the Norm's Tools part of my personal website to an eponymous domain name last December.

Reply to
LRod

We got yer back!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Google Earth Latitude 42.424976 Longitude -71.208977

41 Pleasant St Lexington MA 02421

Art

Reply to
Artemus

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:06:43 +0100, B A R R Y wrote (in article ):

I stand chastised

Reply to
Bored Borg

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:12:10 +0100, jo4hn wrote (in article ):

What flavour?

--Not Bored Borg, just an innocent bystander...

Reply to
Not Bored Borg, Honest

The Victory Garden is no longer done by Morash, who did have the actual garden at his home which was next to the New Yankee Workshop.

This was pointed out by Norm on several occasions in prior years.

The Victory Garden is now another new group of folks.

Grossbohl>

Reply to
Pat Barber

hard to tell if this is it with all the trees. There is no clear view of Norm's shop or the little shed he built either. It doesn't even look like where the Victory Gardens is done for that matter.

Reply to
Robt. Brogan

On second thought, maybe the area at top left is where the Victory Gardens is at since there appears to be some beds, etc. But there is no clear view of Norm's shop and the shed.

Reply to
Mike

If you don't like that photo use MS Virtual Earth... ;~)

Reply to
John Grossbohlin