New tool invention

Page 1 of 4
I invented this new age workmate and would appreciate your thoughts and your vote to help me get funding. Go to http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/auditions/toolmule.html to see the video.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

This is a swell idea and brilliantly executed. You can generate even more sales by offering all the bases - legs, cabinet, roll-away - as well semi-permanent attachment devices for existing tools.
I can see it now: Shelves in the garage holding the miter saw, the router table, the table saw, the radial arm saw, the planer, etc., and your Tool Mule where the second car would normally go.
Now if you want to get this to market quickly, and start making so much money you'll need a dump truck, set up a conversation with Black & Decker. B&D *LOVES* devices such as this (I think they're working on a combination powered toothbrush and blender).
I'd buy one now at $100USD or so. At a price of $whole-bunch-more, I'd have to think on it, but would be sorely tempted.
No matter what you do, best of luck.
P.S. Very good presentation, but the cardinal rule of advertising is to tell the prospect what to do after the ad: "Call this number," or "See a local dealer," or "Write for more informtion."

He can't do so because the product can't actually be bought yet. He's a contestant on a reality show.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Den#Canada
D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com /

I don't think that's correct. I've watched this show a few times and one common question the potential investors ask is if the inventor has actually had any sales of the invention. Having done so increases the marketability aspect and increases the chances of the invention making a profit ~ something all investors are looking for.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I love the show and I love your toolmule!
Wishing you the best, hope you get their support.
--

-MIKE-

Forget funding, license it to someone who has manufacturing and distribution in place. Sears, Ryobi, Ridgid, Blac and Decker come to mind or the guys who make the little giant ladders.
On Apr 22, 4:50pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I'd love to but so far it hasn't been picked up so I'm looking at alternatives. I have a good product for Sonoma also. It's all plastic and has the same large DIY market as the ToolMule. I only have a Flash presentation though so It's hard to post

Get the guy who does the Zyliss vise commercials.

Seriously, where are you seeing the Zyliss vice commercials? I have had one for a very long time and have not seen any at the ww shows in a very long time. I'd like to see the shtick again.

.
Naaaa.. get the Festool table and its associated toys.

Naaaa.. get the Festool table and its associated toys.
I just want to see the infomercial. Does Zyless make any thins besides the fancy vice?

the
A whole pile of kitchen stuff I think. Although, I couldn't find any mention of the vise itself on the website below. Think it's the same company. Maybe they sold off the rights to the vise or don't make it any more. http://www.zyliss.com /

These folks are selling the zyliss vise system and other related products. I don't know the story behind them though.
http://www.advmachinery.com/default.asp?pg=zvise
On Apr 23, 11:33am, "Lee Michaels"

and I quote: "The original z-Vise2 System, based on the original Zyliss Vise from Switzerland."
Zyliss does make one of the best garlic presses EVAR!
and I quote: "The original z-Vise2 System, based on the original Zyliss Vise from Switzerland."
LOL, Does that mean that they pride them selves in being the first to copy another product?
Zyliss does make one of the best garlic presses EVAR!
I wife has one that looks exactly like it including the clean out tool. She got hers through Pampered Chef. I am not impressed with cleaning it, I wish it would open by splitting down the middle..

One of my customers is a Pampered Chef sales lady. She gave me a few things and I bought a few. I'm just really glad that Festool isn't in the Kitchen Appliance business.
(They do make a fridge.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/FesFridge.jpg and they make a Fridgtainer expandable system.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Fridgstainer.jpg)

Personal experience or hearsay? I just happen to be in the market for a garlic press and my primary interest is quality/function over price.

Enough on the garlic press I want to hear more feedback on my ToolMule
On Apr 23, 1:19pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Okay. I don't like the name.
wrote in message

Okay. I don't like the name.
Yeah, 'mule' has some bad pr these days. Generally means somebody running drugs.