New Tool

Page 3 of 4
wrote in message

And I believe that nitpicking has a redeeming feature. Spelling and logic errors make a writer look un-professional. Colloquial language (including occasional spelling errors) are fine in newsgroups etc., but a commerical webpage should be as spotless as can be.
--
Best regards
Han

You didn't mention the spelling error to help. You did it solely because you're an asshole.
Yeah, maybe I am obsessed with you. But hell, it's so much fun pointing out what a dipshit you are that I just can't help myself.
<G>

Ever notice that Miller never comes around unless he can pick on somebody?
wrote in message

Ever notice that Miller never comes around unless he can pick on somebody?
yes

Hope he doesn't have kids.

There's one in every crowd. :-(

Like I said, you really should seek therapy. Your posts say a lot more about what kind of person you are than they do about what kind of person I am.

Such as the fact that you're a confirmed liar so nothing you say can be taken at face value?
I already know what kind of person I am. I usually speak my mind and sometimes rush to open my big mouth before I've engaged my brain. But, that doesn't happen in your case because when you get caught in an outright lie, it follows you around like the stink of stepping in dog poop. And you my friend, reek of it.
wrote in message

Sometimes things are best left unsaid, since they impune both the subject and object. Nitpicking a commercial web page's spelling has value. And it can be done in an upbuilding fashion.
--
Best regards
Han

I agree. Pointing out an error can be constructive. Somebody with the slightest bit of class would have done so behind the scenes in a private e-mail. Miller, however, loves to point out such errors, not to assist, but to gloat about how fantastically bright he was to have discovered the error and in the process trying to elevate himself at the expense of somebody's innocuous error. In other words, it illustrates exactly what Miller is about, a guy who thrives on other peoples mistakes, a parasite.

There's always one Red Tape guy in the crowd..........................;-)
Bob S.
That's a great idea.
However, I'd like to know more than marketing hype about the accuracy. What is the base plastic? How stretchable is it? What is its temperature coefficient? Art
Chrisgiraffe wrote:

Does it, um, stick to, er, flesh?
Just asking out of curiosity, of course.
"HeyBub" wrote ...

be packaged into a "truth kit" for women to document actual size as opposed to men's exaggerated sense of length and girth. She assured me there would be a market for such an item.
I told her that very few men would submit to such a ?truth kit?. And not just fear of the actual measurement either. Most men have a healthy fear of adhesives in that particular area of their anatomy.
Lee Michaels wrote:

There is a theory that that's the reason women are such a poor judge of distance. They've been told all their life that this (holding thumb and forefinger moderately apart) is six inches!
The corollary to that is the wisdom imparted by my dear, departed, grandfather: "Never date a woman with big hands; they make you dick look small."

I feel like Dean Martin after he has just set up a joke. Perhaps we should take our act on the road. (long Borat pause...) Not! :-)
Somebody wrote:

Dang neaar kicked the slats out of the cradle first time I heard that one.
Lew

Hey, you never know, you could be well on your way to being the next multi-millionaire sex shop owner. Mail order, internet sales ~ the world could be yours for the taking.
That wouldn't be so bad would it? <G>

Thanks for asking. Funny you might ask. I had this idea that it might work as a means to take one's own measurements for tailoring, which it could. To demonstrate I wrapped a piece around my wife's wrist and it made her look like a sausage. It stuck quite well. In retrospect I wouldn't suggest using it to take your own measurements because it's very difficult to align on oneself properly.
Chrisgiraffe wrote:

Who the hell cares about the size of a woman's WRIST? Couldn't you find something more interesting to report on?