New Tool

And now, thanks to Doug, another promising invention is lost forever to the didn't-I-see-that-in-some-thread? wasteland.

Reply to
Upscale

Chrisgiraffe wrote in news:546322bf-aadf-4a25-9cb2- snipped-for-privacy@e24g2000vbe.googlegroups.com:

My IE8 (8.0.6001.18702) shows the pictures just fine, although FF

3.1whatever is my default browser.

Now where do I buy your tape????

Reply to
Han

Tell you what -- I'll review the entire site for punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc. in exchange for a few rolls of that tape. Deal?

email me if you're interested: doug at milmac dot com

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Reply to
Doug Miller

You really should seek therapy over your obsession with me. It's unhealthy.

Reply to
Doug Miller

2-

Hello Han and thanks for your comments. The tape will be made available directly through the site on the order page. I'm trying to find the best shipping arrangement (i.e. lowest cost, acceptable delivery times) and still haven't settled on a price point. I do have stock wrapped and ready to ship and am aiming to have the order page/ pricing/shipping set up no later than this Wednesday (06/10/09).

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through our company e-mail:

Chris Messina snipped-for-privacy@live.com

Thanks!

Reply to
Chrisgiraffe

Chrisgiraffe wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g1g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

Please be so kind as to let us know when we can part with our money! Good luck!

Reply to
Han

That's a great idea.

However, I'd like to know more than marketing hype about the accuracy. What is the base plastic? How stretchable is it? What is its temperature coefficient? Art

Reply to
Artemus

I don't mean to rain on your parade and hope I'm not, but after initial delight in a new idea by an obvious original thinker, I'm having second thoughts. Just what would be a good application for your measuring adheasive tape that would justify the expense over any other measurng option? I recall one respondent claiming it was such a good idea, he needed it now, but he never elaborated.

I'm having a diffucult time imagining any practical use. OTOH, I'm such a rank noob at woodworking, I don't even qualify as a novice and there are many aspect to it I'm sadly ignorant of, hence lack the experience to see how your tape might be of help. I'd be happy to be enlightened. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Ever notice that Miller never comes around unless he can pick on somebody?

Reply to
Robatoy

I'm obsessed that you're a lying, whining, asshole? Well, you could be right, but since you're the only lying, whining asshole that I know of, I don't have anyone else to compare to so I can find out if it's just a natural inclination against every lying, whining asshole or directed specifically against you.

Reply to
Upscale

If you have pre-packs of one, two, six, etc. don't dismiss the USPS. I occasionally order from a place in CA and get consistent 2 or 3 day delivery to CT by mail as compared to a week+ via UPS. That would keep cost down for both buyer and seller. I hate to buy a $10 item and have to pay $20 shipping costs.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ignore him Chris. I'm a technical writer by trade. If you like, I'll look through your website for free without recompense.

If Miller really had your well being at heart, he would have responded to you privately about the spelling error. He was only seeking some perverse type of attention when he mentioned it publicly.

Reply to
Upscale

You didn't mention the spelling error to help. You did it solely because you're an asshole.

Yeah, maybe I am obsessed with you. But hell, it's so much fun pointing out what a dipshit you are that I just can't help myself.

Reply to
Upscale

Like I said, you really should seek therapy. Your posts say a lot more about what kind of person you are than they do about what kind of person I am.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Ever notice that Miller never comes around unless he can pick on somebody?

yes

Reply to
Joe

I bought the similar tapes at a flea market in Florida. They were made of paper with a self adhesive back and were only marked in quarters. I mounted one on each side of the blade on my chop saw. I did the same think on the fence on my drill press. When you want a handful of 3x3 somethings it sure is easy - no marking, everything the same. Many little projects look better with holes evenly spaced, easy to accomplish on my drill press, again with no lay out.

If these tapes are of a higher quality material that won't get rubbed away in use, they could well be worth a very low cost. For more accurate work, there are full length self adhesive tapes for Biesemier, etc. They run $20 ish.

Reply to
DanG

I wonder if they stretch during handling and installation? I can see a false sense of accuracy and security if they do... looked at the web site but didn't notice anything about that characteristic. Could have over looked it though.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

IIRC, there was a discussion of stretch in the Tips section.

Reply to
LD

I used to tell the tech writers the ultimate test of a good tech writer was to hard a copy of their work to wife/girlfriend or someone else who knew nothing about the material, and ask them to read.

If the gals understood the material, it was a mark of work well done.

If they didn't, it was back to the rewrite table.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hope he doesn't have kids.