New sander

I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Sander.jpg
WOW! Bring it over so I can see if it really works. Looks like it needs a turbine installed on top.

Probably to late but try the Red Rooster if you want something different or the CharBar downtown. I love the boneless wing and a side. I'm out of town until the late afternoon, where are the installs?

Park Lane (countertop) and Church Str ( brass foot rail for a bar I built.) I'll be long gone by early afternoon, off to Wyoming for a repair.. (somebody dinged a top)
Red Rooster, eh? I'll try it.
I'll pop by the church street one and say hello. It's my neighbour... What time will you be around there? you can email me at nlccrod@ NO SPAM xcelco.on.ca

How hard is it to control?

That will be tempting if anybody tell the have a 'sander'..lol.
It just glides like a dream. Really easy to nudge in any way you like. Now, having said that, I have no idea what it would be like with a pack of 80 grit on an oak table. What I really like about these guys, is that they stuck to a standard 5" disk. None of that specialty cut idiocy.

Holy crap! Spinal Tap would be so proud! You now have an amp that goes to 11!
I would really be interested for you to post your thoughts after using it for a while.
In the meantime, I'll call Nigel.
Robert

smartypants. LOL.. there's more review now.
I coudn't quite see it - seems to be a little toy bottom right of photo?
What is that giant yellow thing with the mettalic dog leash attached?
I had seen something like it last year at our woodworking show, and did actually want to follow up this year - but no -one had any. I have a concrete driveway I want to polish up. Can I borrow that yellow monstor?
They are cool.
Mike

Tue, May 8, 2007, 10:05am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca (Robatoy) doth do his happy dance and sings: I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)
Ah, I see that someone else paints their new tools yellow too.
On May 8, 4:58 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Yeah.. it's a beast. But with a very gentle streak. No swirls, very easy to control, dust control is good enough (I'm spoiled by Festool/Abranet/Fein combo). It removes an amazing amount of material with an agressive paper like the Klingspor 240 grit. I can't wait to refinish a teak kitchen table I have. 240, 320, 400, 600, ultrafine Scotchbrite gives a finish on solid surface like glass...incredibly flat. Ohh and sooo quiet. Just the scuffing of the paper and the soft humming of the Fein Turbo in the back-ground...its hose plugged in straight..perfect. And fast! With a 6mm stroke and 4 x 5' pads, it makes short order of what I've thrown at it so far. AEG German motor, and great, big fat bearings and a serious counter-weight set-up. All done very well. You can see some of that here: http://www.surcare.com/products_bearing_tool.htm
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Detail.jpg
Rob is very happy.... can't get over how quiet it is... you have no idea what a nice change that is.
MUSIC!