Happy with new sander

Thanks to Leon and others in this newsgroup, I learned a lot about sanders. I decided my first investment in an electric sander would be a porter cable speedbloc. It came last week and I used it all weekend. If a belt sander is the woodbutcher's hatchet, than this sander must be his scalpel. Everything you guys said about lack of vibration and fine control is true. My projects are going to be a little bit more polished from now on. Yeah, I'll buy an ROS for other sanding work someday, but I'm glad I started here.

Bob Davis Houston, Texas

Reply to
BillyBob

It really is a timeless classic that performs well. It almost makes sanding fun.

Reply to
Leon

Try a Festool ROS. You'll be giddy.

JP