Black & Decker mouse detail sander - adhesive?

My friend's B&D mouse sander has had a lot of use this summer and he reports that the "velcro" stuff is coming away from the spongy backing at the three corners (peeling back about an inch). He asked me for suggestions about adhesive to use - I think it needs to have some flexibilty but not sure if e.g. evostik would disolve the spongy bit - any ideas to pass on?

Reply to
Geo

Copydex perhaps?

Reply to
1501

Google say it is non-solvent based so should be safe enough - will pass that suggestion on - thanks.

Reply to
Geo