New Project!

I am going to draw this up in Sketchup and I would like for Swingman to build it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q

Leon wrote:

Cool! Quite a one-trick pony!
Bill

Not quite. The tunes can be changed. There is another video on Youtube that shows the programming. Very cool, in any case.
On 3/5/2016 9:32 AM, Leon wrote:

It has been viral on FB the past few days ... enjoyed the concept, and the tune, sort of ... but was forced to close my eyes to keep from having to use brain bleach to get rid of the image of that metrosexual male. LOL
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 3/5/2016 10:54 AM, Swingman wrote:

Was there a guy in that video? LOL

Well, he was born that way.
On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 11:55:20 AM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:

The images of him "playing" the machine aren't as bad as some of the table saw techniques he uses in other videos.
Can you imagine working side by side with him in your shop?

I saw that. Thought the guy was absolutely crazy to do this thing. This is an approach that was used 150 years ago. Interesting enough, the guy who put this whole thing together is an "electronic musician", whatever that is.
On 3/7/2016 8:40 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

I'm sure he had a great deal of fun doing it, as well as it being an excellent way for musicians, who by nature thrive on attention, to gain some. LOL
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 3/5/2016 10:32 AM, Leon wrote:

Hard to imagine that Matias Wandel had no part in this.
Did anyone else notice that part of the mechanism acts to produce a "tremelo" effect? You can see him working it my hand (it's off to the left of the xylophone bars) in the middle of the video.