New Powermatic Cabinet Saw

Apparently there is a new Powermatic cabinet saw being introduced. Looks like it has very nice features. To name a few, casters that drop down so that you have a built in mobile base, a true and easily removable riving knife, and a spindle lock.

Leon

I was just reading a review on the new powermatic 2000 and it looks awesome. the spindle lock and riving knife are very nice features. along these same lines jet has a new super saw out too which also looks really nice.

Reply to
Dominic Palazzola

percentage in China?

Reply to
bridger

Being reasonably priced, probably similar to Jet.

Reply to
Leon

I'm glad I got my 66 before they changed it.

For that kind of money the last thing I want is to be the guinea pig on a new saw - did that with my Delta bandsaw and ended up with a transition saw that didn't have the weight of the old saw, or the features of the new.

Reply to
John Cole

Same here. My PM66 will last a lifetime and probably more. Better yet, it is a precision machine built in the USA.

Reply to
Phisherman