NEW MEMBER QUESTION - READY STRIP

Hello, Group
Has anyone in here had the experience of using a paint stripper called Ready Strip which comes in a tub and is a green goo? It looks good on TV but and I'd like to strip an old fireplace surround as easily as possible as I'm recovering from a heart attack and don't feel like sanding myself into the hereafter.
Any comments would be much appreciated.
Also, I'm going to retire and will be expanding my little work shop so I can do some semi-serious work. (I am a firm believer in the amateur woodworkers' motto: "Cut to shape - Pound to fit!") Assuming a stock thickness of 1", is a band saw the only equipment I can use to get curved cuts or are there electric scroll saws out there that could handle that kind of thickness.
Many thanks,
FoggyTown
Mike Girouard asks:
snip of first question: I'll leave that for a more experienced stripper.

Most good scrollsaws can handle up to 2" thick material. I'm pretty sure even the lower cost models handle 1" with ease.
Charlie Self "When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary." Thomas Paine
I've not used green goo. I have used citristrip which is an orange goo. Good stuff. Green, orange, take your pic. I'm sure green works just as good as orange.
I use a scroll saw to cut shapes out of 2x4's. Cutting through hardwood would be slow going with a scrollsaw on something that thick.
Take care. Joe