Hi from a new member

Good afternoon just stumbled across this site its great

Just a quick maybe a silly question, stawberries in a planter do you need to rotate so that all side have equal sunlight

Reply to
pottydeckor

Nah... just move the sun.

Reply to
brooklyn1

Depends on your latitude. If the sun is low on the horizon much of the year, yes, it would help to rotate.

However, if the sun is high in the sky most of the year, plants will probably get enough sun.

Personally, I rotate periodically on general principles, including inside plants.

Rotation-wise, would help to put your strawberry planter on a wheeled base.

Good luck.

Persephone

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Our general idea is to rotate when we see a leaning towards the sun or light. Do this with started seeds and especially with house plants.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Rotation-wise must be clockwise-wise in the northern hemisphere and anti-clockwise-wise in the southern hemisphere. At the equator alternate your wise, that is clockwisewise, anticlockwisewise, clockyantwise, oh I forget the rest but keep em moving

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott