New member

THAT one was a doozy (Deusy)

Reply to
Robatoy

Bronzzy:

"You Bold Brazen Article!"

Sr. Mary Benzedrine, Saint Agnes School, Grade Five. c. 1960.

Seriously though, I remember when I first discovered that I had a 'new member' and sought to show it off in roughly the same way.

BTW - A survey was done of this NG awhile back and found that the average age was in the fifties and the average number of years experience in wooddorking was about twenty something, if I recall correctly.

Good luck with your new member!

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Why not?

It's entirely possible that someone who's been 'dorking for a year would have learned something I don't know.

OTOH, if the OP wants to be a regular on the wreck this is a perfect trial by fire.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Voluntary surveys have no reliability...

But that doesn't mean I disbelieve the results of this one. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Dave, do you remember the link to that survey?

I'll admit to its lack of empirical credentials but it was sorta interesting.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

OMG, also Sister Florence Catherine, St. Mary of the Assumption School, Grade Five, c. 1963.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Thanks! I missed them the first time down the isle! I expected to see them hanging slightly lower than waist high, wasn't looking up there! Now that I have my own set of balls, any wood dorking questions I can answer? Tom P? Anybody? Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Sure, no doubt he might, but if I would have to pick the OP over the rest of the group............... Greg

Reply to
Greg O

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:02:27 -0400, the inscrutable "Buddy Matlosz" spake:

My bestest teacher ever was Miss Hankins, Trinity Cathedral School, Grade Two, Little Rock, AR, ca. 1960. It was my only year of religious school and I don't recall if she was a Sister or not. I just loved her. (Oh, right. She couldn't have been a nun, huh? ;) --- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If you really want to grant yourself some kind of authority on the basis of balls, you need to get a pair of bull balls!!

are the balls of real men!

(Or at least, their trucks!)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

just 'til the glue dries... :)

For the situation you describe, yes. One would presume that the number of times one will need to replace a pane would be limited so that removing brads will be a relatively rare occerrence.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

If I remember correctly, it depends a lot on the size of the chuck key..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

well, teenagers in general know EVERYTHING, Dave, but teen age girls are special..

you know how many teen girls it takes to screw in a light bulb?

just one, she holds the bulb and the whole world revolves around her..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Cute, I'll tell her that one and see what she has to say.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

I gotta remember that one. I have a couple of friends with teenage daughters. I'm sure they'll identify with it.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Perhaps you can help me. Bronzzy. I've been trying to get my 1950 cast iron Henweigh aligned. I really like it, but it's not cutting right. I've adjusted it as best I could, but it's still off.

Any advice?

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

Well, I just passed that on to my daughter as promised. She said, "None, that's what boys are for."

I'm freekin' dooooomed, Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
rickluce

"rickluce" wrote in news:1118718263.391808.276280 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

'bout 4 lbs.

Reply to
Patriarch

Patriarch...are you from the Sonoma county area?

Reply to
rickluce