New member

Page 2 of 4

bronzzy wrote:

Bronzzy: If you've been lurking you know that there is a great deal of knowledge in the newsgroup that is being shared. Welcome to the pool--dive in whenever you'd like.
Bob
bronzzy wrote: Hi, I just started with these woodworking newsgroups and they are of interest to me. I'm currently a student taking woodworking in college. And I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I have about one years experience in woodworking so far and I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've learned so much. talk to you later bronzzy
Have you ever made any rail and stile cabinet doors with glass as the panel, and fake muntins, creating a divided light look? How might you attach the pane to the doors for easy replacement when and if they break? Thanks. Tom
tom wrote:

No, I'd make real muntins for separate lights...but, I'd use a small quarter mould to hold the glass, fastened w/ brads
Duane wrote: No, I'd make real muntins for separate lights...but, I'd use a small quarter mould to hold the glass, fastened w/ brads
Hmm. So you're sayin' quarter-round and brads. Okay, thanks. Tom
tom wrote:

just 'til the glue dries... :)
For the situation you describe, yes. One would presume that the number of times one will need to replace a pane would be limited so that removing brads will be a relatively rare occerrence.
Duane wrote: No, I'd make real muntins for separate lights...but, I'd use a small quarter mould to hold the glass, fastened w/ brads.
And now I'm thinking real muntins would be easier, too...Jeeminy, these small f^*&!#& pieces will never work! Thanks, again. Tom
tom wrote:

I hear ya', brother... :)
Good luck, I think it well may be easier and it'll definitely look better.
BTW, make a piece wide enough for four muntins (including waste) and cut to length. Make end cope cuts first, then mould the outside edges. Now rip the two outer ones off and mould the final edge. Repeat as many times as needed...
HTH...

You have one year in woodworking and you are here to offer your knowledge to us?! I have done woodworking for thirty years and still don't have the balls to make that offer! I think you need to sit back read the group and relax, some of the old timers around here may teach you a thing or two. Share what you can, but the combined knowledge here is mind boggling! For example check this site out! http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/door / Greg
Oh, c'mon, either its a troll or he is genuine in sharing; if the latter, give the guy a break.
Mutt
Greg O wrote:

Aisle 6, the rack near the wall. All it takes is cash, right? ;-)

Thanks! I missed them the first time down the isle! I expected to see them hanging slightly lower than waist high, wasn't looking up there! Now that I have my own set of balls, any wood dorking questions I can answer? Tom P? Anybody? Greg

If you really want to grant yourself some kind of authority on the basis of balls, you need to get a pair of bull balls!!
http://www.bullsballs.com /
These are the balls of real men!
(Or at least, their trucks!)

Why not?
It's entirely possible that someone who's been 'dorking for a year would have learned something I don't know.
OTOH, if the OP wants to be a regular on the wreck this is a perfect trial by fire.
<http://www.vansonleathers.com/product_pages/suits/drivers_suits.htm
djb

Sure, no doubt he might, but if I would have to pick the OP over the rest of the group............... Greg
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:39:54 -0400, "bronzzy"

Bronzzy:
"You Bold Brazen Article!"
Sr. Mary Benzedrine, Saint Agnes School, Grade Five. c. 1960.
Seriously though, I remember when I first discovered that I had a 'new member' and sought to show it off in roughly the same way.
BTW - A survey was done of this NG awhile back and found that the average age was in the fifties and the average number of years experience in wooddorking was about twenty something, if I recall correctly.
Good luck with your new member! <g>

Voluntary surveys have no reliability...
But that doesn't mean I disbelieve the results of this one. ;-)
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:19:06 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Dave, do you remember the link to that survey?
I'll admit to its lack of empirical credentials but it was sorta interesting.

And
woodworking
OMG, also Sister Florence Catherine, St. Mary of the Assumption School, Grade Five, c. 1963.
B.
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:02:27 -0400, the inscrutable "Buddy Matlosz"

My bestest teacher ever was Miss Hankins, Trinity Cathedral School, Grade Two, Little Rock, AR, ca. 1960. It was my only year of religious school and I don't recall if she was a Sister or not. I just loved her. (Oh, right. She couldn't have been a nun, huh? ;) --- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done. http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

Perhaps you can help me. Bronzzy. I've been trying to get my 1950 cast iron Henweigh aligned. I really like it, but it's not cutting right. I've adjusted it as best I could, but it's still off.
Any advice?