New member

Page 1 of 4

Hi, I just started with these woodworking newsgroups and they are of interest to me. I'm currently a student taking woodworking in college. And I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I have about one years experience in woodworking so far and I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've learned so much. talk to you later bronzzy
I have a general question about wood:
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

On 6/12/2005 9:19 AM stoutman mumbled something about the following:

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
Ooops, sorry, I'm not the OP that this question was posed to.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7
"Odinn" wrote in message

... and it takes about twenty years experience to learn that and you still don't know shit.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05

And as I learn more, I find how little I really know.

and yet, when I see a newby approach a problem, I realize how much I have learned over the years...but hen again..back to what you're saying..there are still a shitload of mistakes that haven't been made yet.
Robatoy wrote:

And a few more that you made years ago that you will make again.     drat, doggone, and #)&(%^!$#     jo4hn

THAT one was a doozy (Deusy)
says...

I used to have a chart of the "programmers confidence curve". It went up very sharply till his/her first real screwup, then plummeted to zero and regrew verrry slowly.
I suspect it applies to all human endeavor.
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

See, I'm lucky. I've got a teenage daughter who's ALWAYS willing to explanin to me just how little I know about any given subject.
Dave in Fairfax (looking for those gypsies you always hear about)
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Dave in Fairfax <reply-to, disabled, 2, stop, spam> wrote:

Patience, Dave.
Mark Twain once allegedly said: "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Robert Bonomi wrote:

She's from the 2nd marriage. I'm getin to old to have a whole lot of patience. Gettin' to be more patients. %-)
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

well, teenagers in general know EVERYTHING, Dave, but teen age girls are special..
you know how many teen girls it takes to screw in a light bulb?
just one, she holds the bulb and the whole world revolves around her..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

Cute, I'll tell her that one and see what she has to say.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
snipped-for-privacy@splinters.comcast.net wrote:

I gotta remember that one. I have a couple of friends with teenage daughters. I'm sure they'll identify with it.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

Well, I just passed that on to my daughter as promised. She said, "None, that's what boys are for."
I'm freekin' dooooomed, Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

ROTFLMAO
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
wrote in message

still
Well, yes. I've discovered that my ignorance is growing rapidly and without bound. At the current rate, in a few years I'll have advanced to the point where I know nothing at all... d-:
-- Morris

There is an authoritative USENET answer for this question, available from the USENET Oracle.
Inquire of the Oracle via e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@cs.indiana.edu. Proceed at your own risk.
confirmation available at: <http://cgi.cs.indiana.edu/~oracle/index.cgi

If I remember correctly, it depends a lot on the size of the chuck key..