New member

Hi, I just started with these woodworking newsgroups and they are of interest to me. I'm currently a student taking woodworking in college. And I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I have about one years experience in woodworking so far and I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've learned so much. talk to you later bronzzy

Reply to
bronzzy

I have a general question about wood:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Reply to
stoutman

On 6/12/2005 9:19 AM stoutman mumbled something about the following:

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Ooops, sorry, I'm not the OP that this question was posed to.

Reply to
Odinn

... and it takes about twenty years experience to learn that and you still don't know shit.

Reply to
Swingman

And as I learn more, I find how little I really know.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Bronzzy: If you've been lurking you know that there is a great deal of knowledge in the newsgroup that is being shared. Welcome to the pool--dive in whenever you'd like.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

bronzzy wrote: Hi, I just started with these woodworking newsgroups and they are of interest to me. I'm currently a student taking woodworking in college. And I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I have about one years experience in woodworking so far and I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've learned so much. talk to you later bronzzy

Have you ever made any rail and stile cabinet doors with glass as the panel, and fake muntins, creating a divided light look? How might you attach the pane to the doors for easy replacement when and if they break? Thanks. Tom

Reply to
tom

and yet, when I see a newby approach a problem, I realize how much I have learned over the years...but hen again..back to what you're saying..there are still a shitload of mistakes that haven't been made yet.

Reply to
Robatoy

You have one year in woodworking and you are here to offer your knowledge to us?! I have done woodworking for thirty years and still don't have the balls to make that offer! I think you need to sit back read the group and relax, some of the old timers around here may teach you a thing or two. Share what you can, but the combined knowledge here is mind boggling! For example check this site out!

Greg O

Oh, c'mon, either its a troll or he is genuine in sharing; if the latter, give the guy a break.

Mutt

Greg O wrote:

Reply to
Pig

And a few more that you made years ago that you will make again. drat, doggone, and #)&(%^!$# jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I used to have a chart of the "programmers confidence curve". It went up very sharply till his/her first real screwup, then plummeted to zero and regrew verrry slowly.

I suspect it applies to all human endeavor.

Reply to
lgb

See, I'm lucky. I've got a teenage daughter who's ALWAYS willing to explanin to me just how little I know about any given subject.

Dave in Fairfax (looking for those gypsies you always hear about)

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Well, yes. I've discovered that my ignorance is growing rapidly and without bound. At the current rate, in a few years I'll have advanced to the point where I know nothing at all... d-:

-- Morris

Reply to
Morris Dovey

There is an authoritative USENET answer for this question, available from the USENET Oracle.

Inquire of the Oracle via e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@cs.indiana.edu. Proceed at your own risk.

confirmation available at:

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Patience, Dave.

Mark Twain once allegedly said: "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

She's from the 2nd marriage. I'm getin to old to have a whole lot of patience. Gettin' to be more patients. %-)

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

No, I'd make real muntins for separate lights...but, I'd use a small quarter mould to hold the glass, fastened w/ brads

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

"Greg O" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Aisle 6, the rack near the wall. All it takes is cash, right? ;-)

Reply to
Patriarch

Duane wrote: No, I'd make real muntins for separate lights...but, I'd use a small quarter mould to hold the glass, fastened w/ brads

Hmm. So you're sayin' quarter-round and brads. Okay, thanks. Tom

Reply to
tom