New HitaCHEE M12V(2) router

Did you get a load of this one?

router, different pants. Looks like something you'd use to inoculate an alien rhinoceros. Those Hitachi (pronounced hitaCHEE (gesundheid)) designers have been watching too many anime cartoons. All their new tools are...well... RFU. (I don't mean that in a bad way.)

That thing is so ugly, I like it.

...reminds me of a song.."if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life..... "saw your wife the other day..man..she's ugleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" "Yeah, but she can cook"

just a tune to be stuck in my head for a while...

Robatoy

I saw their relatively new SCMS with this new look. Personally I think all the glitter detracts or would distract one from being able to locate adjustment levers and knobs quickly. Is that a knob or and eye. Is that a lever or an antenna. Is that a switch or an eye brow? Is that my tennis shoe over there, no its my drill. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Have you seen this beast? Definitely not of this world.

Leon

I don't know if I'm gonna be the first to admit this, but: I like 'em.

There it is. I think they look cool. Futuristic. Jetsons. OK, go ahead, laugh. I'm used to ridicule.

Le> Have you seen this beast? Definitely not of this world.

Reply to
bstolzer

I used to speak Japanese, 35 years ago. I am sure it hasn't changed, but my memory might have... They stress all syllables equally, so it is he-ta-che.

I used to do a lot of things...

Reply to
Toller

I don't think that's true. I've seen several reviews that have either alluded, or out-and-out said so, that the new version isn't as good as the old.

Reply to
B A R R Y

reviews that have either

Do you recall the source(s)? I like to stay abreast of these things. I don't want to suggest a purchase on the basis of out-dated info. I'll go see what Google will spit up.

Robatoy

It's part of the new "Gloria Vanderbilt" collection. ;~)

Remember back in the early 80's when blue jeans were being made by all the designers.

Reply to
Leon

On Nov 13, 10:34 am, "Toller" wrote: [snipped for brevity] .

Nebber mind.. hitaCHEE is funnier. I never let the facts get in the way of a chuckle.

Do tell...

Robatoy

reviews that have either

Off the top of the head, "Popular Woodworking" or "FWW", as those are the only magazines I currently subscribe to.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I have an almost 13-year old daughter...trust me, Leon.. they still have 'cool' and 'not cool' jeans.... many designers. Just ask my AMEX card.

I used to raid the army/navy stores for clothing... hell, even Goodwill and SA. In my youth that's where all the 'cool' stuff came from. I wish I still had my air force parka. (KNLM that is).

But.. about tool 'fashion', I am licking my chops over an old-style 100 series PC router... now THAT is 'cool'... IMHO.

back to work..

Robatoy

I have a 19 year old son and thank goodness he was never really caught up in who was wearing what. It may just be a male vs. female "thang". LOL

Reply to
Leon