Need manual - Pro-Tech CS72121 miter saw (or similar)

I'm looking for the owner's manual (and any other docs) for a Pro-Tech CS72121 miter saw. Apparently Pro-Tech isn't in business any more (?) and the saw is older than when downloadable manuals were common. Googling was not productive except for exploded views. Anything close is good if you know of a link. My neighbor saiid the motor started smoking and he'd set it on his trash can. I figured I'd clean the quarter inch of caked sawdust off it and look at it. He may just want a new saw. Thanks. -J
My neighbor saiid the motor started smoking and he'd set it on his trash can. I figured I'd clean the quarter inch of caked sawdust off it and look at it. He may just want a new saw. Thanks. -J
May I ask, if you are so cheap how do you afford an internet connection so you can come here and ask?
1. If you can't figure out how to unbolt a chinese motor and find a replacement at Granger maybe this job is too big for you.
2. Maybe you need to make a trip to Harbor Freight and pckup a new Chinese miter saw
On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:26:00 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"

Join the Festool Owners Group then. It's *ALL* woodworking or crafts related. No swearing, political or religious discussion.
On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:39:17 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Well, if you're really careful, you can sneak in with a Chartreuse shirt.
- Thanks, but those were the exploded diagrams I referred to. To the OP; not the manual but Sears has an extensive parts breakdown for that saw: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Pro-tech-Parts/All-Products-Parts/Model-CS72121/3073/0744300&shdMod=CS72121 - Fuse -- Made my day! - He go off his meds often?

Seriously, what more do you think a manual is going to tell you? They are almost universally useless.
--
My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is:
Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can. -- Frank Zappa
On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:48:27 AM UTC-5, Joe wrote:

-J
I know the post over a year and a half old. Do you still have the saw? Do you still need a manual. I have a saw that the main hinge point is broken. Maybe we can figure a way for one of us to get a working saw.
thanks, Bill
Do you still have the saw? Sure do. Do you still need a manual. Yes.
Funny in the time delay to realize a post was yours when reading it over your first cup of coffee in the morning. Was thinking 'now there's someone in the same predicament I'm in!'.
From looking at diagrams of other saws and listening to the saw, it appears there are 3 motor bearings. The outer 2 seem OK, which narrows it down to the middle one - which I still haven't dug down to.
Check your email.