Need advice on removing rubber coat from RV

I have an old RV that has had the roof patched and repaired many time with various rubber coats and now its all peeling off. I am going to re-seal the roof but need to remove all the old gunk off. The roof is pretty thin tin and leaks so I do not want to use any kind of solvent.
any suggestions to a wire/plastic disk that I can attach to a angle grinder or drill.
Heat; soften and pull/scrape.
:I have an old RV that has had the roof patched and repaired many time with : various rubber coats and now its all peeling off. I am going to re-seal the : roof but need to remove all the old gunk off. The roof is pretty thin tin : and leaks so I do not want to use any kind of solvent. : : any suggestions to a wire/plastic disk that I can attach to a angle grinder : or drill. : :

Go to the local auto parts store and get yourself a couple of the 3M abrasive disks. They'll chuck into your drill motor and you'll be amazed at how fast they work. They are around $7-8 for a pack of two at Advance Auto. You may need a couple of packs to do the entire roof, or you may find you can get in done with just one.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Try alt.rv. Some people there seem to know what they're talking about.