Neader or Normite tool?

Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's fixed, rather than spinning, blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HH7AFlDo1I

Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 8, 7:30 am, "John Grossbohlin"

Norm.
RonB
Add pictures here
✖
RonB wrote:

Ya think? It reminds me of a four surface planer we had in a mill I worked in once upon a time. Spit out a ton of shavings. Would'a made Norm proud.     time traveler,     jo4hn
Add pictures here
✖

While you're back there in you time capsule, see if you can find that Makita vibrating knife thicknesser. It looked a bit like a jointer.... I'd say about 25 years ago?
Oh, and while you're there, find me that brunette on the Toronto Subway and get her phone number for me, 'k?
Add pictures here
✖

Pretty cool. A powered smoother plane. The stock would need to be already jointed flat and straight, and just needs a finishing pass.

Definitely.
Add pictures here
✖
MikeWhy wrote:

Stationary blade?
--

-MIKE-

✖

Made a single long shaving.
Add pictures here
✖

Quarter sawn veneer plane. :-)
--

-MIKE-

✖
news:8a4b13b5-fa23-4038-b7a5-> While you're back there in you time capsule, see if you can find that Makita vibrating knife thicknesser. It looked a bit like a jointer.... I'd say about 25 years ago?
Oh, and while you're there, find me that brunette on the Toronto Subway and get her phone number for me, 'k?
You mean Jennie!?
She used to live in the 416 but once she moved to the 905 I kinda lost touch :(.
Add pictures here
✖

Is it even a contest??? A 1/2 ton, single purpose machine costing at least $25,000 with a large shop-hogging footprint , vs. a couple of hundred bucks for a decent, forget that, a *good* hand plane.
Norm. Period.
jc
Add pictures here
✖

...and you cannot use the machine with a shooting board which adds a huge amount of utility to the bench plane. ;~)
John
Add pictures here
✖

Definitely Norm!
And he'd do at least two shows on creating an infeed/outfeed table for it.
Add pictures here
✖
This is posted by the solidwoodmachinery guys in Canada. They still sell this or newer industrial sized versions. I hope to someday soon buy one of the swing chisel mortisers that they sell (used). I want one bad!!!
Go to the used machinery page, then the mortiser page and they have a video. It looks like a download streem so I didn't put a link.
On Aug 8, 5:30 am, "John Grossbohlin"

Add pictures here
✖