Nailer Query

Page 2 of 2
I've been a Paslode user for years and been very happy with it. I have the 350 Powermaster and love it. But as soon as possible I'm getting an Impulse (airless) model. The angled models give a bit better access in tight situations. I and my work partner have been under a house saving the structure (replacing joists and beams) and the hoses are an extreme hassle in that situation.

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:22:51 GMT, "John Moorhead"

if you are getting it for real jobsite use it'll be the hitachi to attach to a hose or the paslode for cordless.
if you're looking for something to use a couple of times a year, either buy something used or perhaps look at the harbor freight models...
Round, stick. Prior advice is correct - choose nail availability, then get the nailer which will drive them. I prefer the 20-22 degree nails. Look on the end of the box of 3" bright framing nails and copy the list of nailers which will drive them. Next find the nearest construction supplier who sells those nails to framing contractors. (not one of the home centers like Home Depot) Ask them which nailers are the most popular and are most easily repaired. Now you will have a short list to review for cost, weight, ease of use, etc. Very likely, you will find Paslode, Hitachi, Port-Cable and Bostich in this group along with others such as Senco, Duofast and Spotnails. One feature to ask for is a restrictive fire trigger, either selectable or as a replacement trigger. The Hitachi NR83A calls it a single trip trigger. Unless you want to bounce-fire nails, this makes you pull the trigger for each nail. The nailer is capable of firing 3 nails per second in the literature. I have done doubles.
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:22:51 GMT, "John Moorhead"