OT: National WWII Memorial

The National WWII Memorial was dedicated in Washington, DC earlier this year. I looked at their website a few weeks ago and found that you can register any American who contributed to the war effort, either in the armed forces or on the home front (civil defense, shipyards, factories that supplied the troops, etc.) A photo can be included (either from the war years or more recent), as well as a blurb about their service activity. They arrange the info into a pretty nice printable certificate, and store it permanently on the website.

Since a few members of the group are WWII vets, and many more are their children and grandchildren, I thought there might be some interest in registering those who served. The home page is

Click on WWII Registry, then on Register an Honoree to list yourself or your relative.

To view examples (the ones I registered), click on WWII Registry, click on Search the Registry, type Matlosz into the Last Name field, click Submit, then select Anthony, Augustine, or Tadeus (my father and uncles).

It's a great opportunity to honor our "Greatest Generation".

Buddy

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Hey Buddy, where've you been - I've missed your one-liners!

Good to see you back again.

Greg

Reply to
Greg Millen

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in news:oXDMc.10108$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

Thanks for the references. I was born in October 1944 in occupied Holland, and grew up near some 1940 (Grebbeberg) and 1944 (Arnhem) battlefields. Eternally grateful to the Allies who liberated us.

Now residing in NJ

Reply to
Han

Hi Greg,

Haven't been anywhere, lurk daily, just haven't had anything to say lately.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Be sure to check out the National War Memorial postage stamp, too. Thank you to all veterans. Joe (son of a WWII vet)

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Joe,

There are 132 Steins registered at the website, is your dad among them?

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz