Must-have tool.

Page 3 of 3
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:21:36 -0700 (PDT), Jay Pique

Hate the number of tools I lost. Fortunately its amazing how many I found up in ceilings and roofs and all the places I lost mine.
Mike M
Mike M wrote:

When I was gutting the bathroom in my first house, built around 1910-20 or so, when I opened the false ceiling, there lay the nicest, large, high quality steel linesman pliers/cutter I've seen. One of my most cherished tools. I think of the guy that lost them every time I use it, or even look at it, even though I have no idea who he was, he is still moocho appreciated:-)
The moral is, if you are going to lose a tool, make it a high quality one, so you'll be appreciated for many years to come...
--
Jack
Please don't tell Obama what comes after a Trillion!

...I love mine, too. It resides in my shop...but when I do a cabinet install job I've got a 2lb dead blow that gets lost regularly, lol, and gets found again or nothing else gets done!
cg

cg,
HarborFright sells deadblows that are neon orange.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberA797
I'll bet those would be harder to lose. On the other hand if mine was yellow with black stripes I could probably loose it.
Steve
"Steve" wrote:

Can't comment on the orange ones but the black ones will leave a mark.
DAMHIKT
Lew
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 23:48:37 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

On the protector board, which you hit instead of marking up your project? OK. So, who cares? ;)
-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

The problem is that too many tools are neon orange or yellow now. They're camouflaging each other.

Two tools (aside from shop-based favourites like a speed square) A 2 pound dead blow and my personal companion, http://tinyurl.com/ygjzj4u

Forgot to mention that I really like that knife because it opens with one hand.
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:03:41 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

...we're birds of a feather, only mine is a Kershaw that hooks onto the inside of my right pocket and flips out with my index finger and a flip of the wrist...that blade's dug into *many* strange and wonderful places!
cg

I use a speed square a lot too. I took the extra metal parts off a big Swanson 12" super-speed square and use it just like...uhh.. a big square. Very handy for marking long screw lines, squaring up carcases and such.
JP
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:21:36 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jay Pique

I found myself without the correct density of rubber hammer for a job and sprung for a real live Nupla with 4 different screw-on heads and a fiberglass handle. Very nice.