Must-have tool.

+

Geeeeeeez! May I restate, It has never gotten loose like the Bucks did.

Reply to
Leon

Two tools (aside from shop-based favourites like a speed square) A 2 pound dead blow and my personal companion,

Robatoy

one hand.

Reply to
Robatoy

Not only do they not do that anymore, they went out of business several years ago.

Reply to
CW

Nooooo that is diffferent.... "lifetime guarantee against loss" they replace it if you loose it. The Kershaw "Can't" be lost. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Well, don't suppose that those two things just _might_ be related??? :)

--

Reply to
dpb

Wanna bet? ... I'll trade knives with you tonight, and we'll see in a few days. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
papadoo1

Oh hey... thanks! I've got some more rockers (of a different style) waiting to be made from the various piles of walnut, mesquite, sugar maple, honey locust, and hickory that I have out in the shop, but I've got so many other things in my hair right now I don't know when I'm going to get around to it.

Reply to
Steve Turner

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:21:36 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Jay Pique scrawled the following:

I found myself without the correct density of rubber hammer for a job and sprung for a real live Nupla with 4 different screw-on heads and a fiberglass handle. Very nice.

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:03:36 -0500, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Aw, yer taste is all in yer mouth, Swingy. I have a lovely little pal in my Victorinox Classic SD. Handy toothpick, tweezers (works on metal and wood splinters), small knife, scissors, nail file. I use it daily. I also have chisels, drawknives, box cutters, linoleum cutters, machetes, and half a dozen other blades for other things. Twine, boxes, nails, teeth, and splinters? This one is just -made- for it, and small enough to fit in my pocket without a single problem. I've used one for at least 35 years. (none lost came back, either.)

So THERE! Mr. Swissdisser. Pffffffft!

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Larry Jaques" wrote

I have the same knife. I have gone through several of them. My wife has washed a couple of them too. But they still work OK.

Ia addition to being a small multipurpose tool, I use it to open letters and packages. And its most important function, I can trim nose, ear and mustache hair with it!

Try doing that with a big ole pocket knife.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Chasgroh wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

cg,

HarborFright sells deadblows that are neon orange.

'll bet those would be harder to lose. On the other hand if mine was yellow with black stripes I could probably loose it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

MY Dutch Army Knife has a small motor which holds a routerbit and the battery also powers small wheels which makes the DAK travel across a 4 x 8 sheet cutting out patterns via GPS and ordinary uploaded G-code files....AND it has toothpik.

Reply to
Robatoy

DAMHIKT

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

...we're birds of a feather, only mine is a Kershaw that hooks onto the inside of my right pocket and flips out with my index finger and a flip of the wrist...that blade's dug into *many* strange and wonderful places!

cg

Reply to
Chasgroh

big Swanson 12" super-speed square and use it just like...uhh.. a big square. Very handy for marking long screw lines, squaring up carcases and such.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I have the model up from that that makes toothpicks as needed.

Reply to
salty

Robatoy wrote in news:0654aa18-78a3-4863-8ad1- snipped-for-privacy@f13g2000pra.googlegroups.com:

What about the Bokma?

Reply to
Han

I've been carrying the same Swiss Army knife around for about 30 years... My most used tool by far. The knives (it has two) are the least used part of it. The magnifying "glass" is probably the most used as my eyes age, but the tweezers, screw drivers (Phillips and slotted), bottle openers and scissors all get used more than the knife blades... Why would anyone carry around just a knife?

Reply to
Jack Stein