Motor for Delta 14 inch enclosed Bandsaw?

Greetings,
While quarter sawing wet wood, I burned the motor so the GFI trips as soon as I push the on button. So I need replacement.
Amazon used to have a Baldor FDL3514M at $180. Amazon does not have it available. Also, a local supplier says wholesale costs more than $180 so the supplier I found at this price can not have a real Baldor motor.
My questions for the group:
What motor should I get for my Delta 14 inch enclosed Bandsaw? Baldor part number? Leeson part number?
From where can I get this motor?
How can I make sure I get this motor and not a substitute?
Sincerely, Bill Thomas

It isn't unknown that large marketers get better price breaks that locals. So, it could be that Amazon is sold them for a while at a lower price. Both of the these companies have web sites, and they will be happy to answer your questions. Just be certain that the replacement motor has the same or higher horsepower rating. Jim
Jim wrote: Just be certain that the replacement motor has the same or higher horsepower rating. Higher, higher! Tom

The guy at Iturra Designs upgraded his motor to 2 HP in his article on supercharging. Sounds like a plan.....
Bill Thomas wrote:

It's unlikely the motor itself is damaged. I'd check the start capacitor to see if it is shorted. Usually the capacitor manufacturers use wax as an insulator between the coils of foil and when the motor starts to overheat the wax melts causing them to short.
A motor repair shop should be able to check the motor. If it's the capacitor the part runs about $10.00.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Delta?
Both those motors you mentioned, while good motors, are substitutes depending on the age of your machine. Marathon is the OEM motor for most 14" Bandsaws. It might be helpful if you gave a model number.
I believe woodworkers supply sells baldor and leeson aftermarket motors if that is what you are after.
You need to be cognizant of your current output motor shaft rpms. Delta changed this about 3-4 years ago, using a larger pulley to keep the blade speed the same.
Frank
Bill,
Try here :
http://www.galesburgelectric.com/store/product.php?productid 4