Most dangerous tool in shop

Page 3 of 6

(Doug Miller)

Quite.
Gorilla Glue would have been a much more suitable repair.
cheers Richard -- Richard Sampson

Nah - Traves would have enjoyed the "squeeze out" too much! LOL!
Jums (g, r, & d!)
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

i have to admit,,,i have a thing for watching it bubble... *sniff*
"my name is Traves, and im a gorrillaholic"
Doug Miller wrote:

Gack.
I can't even come up with a good smartass thing to say. Just gack.
Sometimes sayings like that just make me feel so inadequate. Well, he least least he didn;'t say ovulating. On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:32:15 -0400, Silvan

Tim Simmons wrote:

Nothing was wrong with the grammar per se. Just the spelling. I could believe a doctor wrote it. Doctors are not, in my experience, any more inclined to be literate than bankers.

Agreed. I've had occasion to stick a softball in my pants. (Don't ask.) That's about the size of a grapefruit. It was difficult to fasten them. If I tried to put something twice that size in there, there's no way I could get them on.

Agreed. Rather like someone getting hit in the chest with a blast from a 12-gauge and flying 15 feet straight backwards and knocking a pinball machine through a plate glass window. Yeah, right.

This is where getting picky about people's grammar always bites one in the ass. That masterfully crafted last sentence of yours is just screaming for someone to step up and correct it.
Mind you, I don't really care. I've seen "alot" worse. I'm just pointing out that correcting someone's "grammar" (spelling, actually, in this case; and he also forgot at least one apostrophe) while making such an egregious mistake is a recipe for some smartass like me stepping up to put you in your place. :)
I'll give you a chance to correct yourself before I break out the red pencil. ;)

There's really no telling unless you go to the hospital in question, break into their records, and try to comb through them until you find the actual case notes. I agree with you that it's a souped up story at best, but there might or might not be a large grain of truth to it.
since you are the word police, let's get YOU caught up on proper spelling: "alot" should have been "a lot".
there.
feel better?
no?
don't you just hate it when somebody out smart-asses you!
:) relax, I'm just jerking your chain!
BTW, don't mention to me I don't capitalize the first words of a sentence. I'm a lazy typist.
dave
Silvan wrote: snip

pssssss - that's why he had it in quotes.
so why did he have grammar in quotes too.
BTW, "psssss" should have ended with a "t"
GOTCHA!
DAVE
Steve wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

That's why I put it in quotes, so nyah! :)

Just as long as you don't suddenly decide to become "kewl" and start using "u" as a subject pronoun we'll get along fine.
Walked away from the monitor with my hands deep in my pockets on that one ... thanks for the mental image.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/24/03
Silvan wrote:

Gfretwell wrote:

<sucking gasping sounds>
Gack!!!!
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:02:12 -0500, Sweet Sawdust wrote:

Well then I would say that the reason you are considering the stationary belt sander most dangerous is that it is the tool you are least careful with. Maybe you're *too* comfortable with it.
I don't think there's a definitive answer out there. Statistically speaking, I believe there are more accidents with table saws and circular saws. But I heard a saying once that the most dangerous tool in your shop is the one you're afraid of, and the second most dangerous tool in your shop is the one you respect the least. Don't think it doesn't apply to you.
david
--
It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English -- up to 50 words used in correct context -- no human being

The statistics can be a bit misleading, since only the TS, planer, jointer and BS are likely to produce an ER visit from *any* accident. My most severe injury with a tool came from a drum-type Surform tool. I was shaping a table leg or something and it just ran right up my thumb. Those little cutters work just as well on flesh as they do on wood! That one is not a statistic though, because I just put 6-8 band-aids on it and went back to work.
"Most Dangerous" can be defined as the tool that is most likely to cause *any* injury, or as the tool most likely to cause the *most severe* injury. In the first category is the hammer, the second is represented by the TS.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

Good points, I agree the definition seems to be the tricky part with this question. Maybe the question should be phrased either "most frequently dangerous" or "most severly dangerous". I don't think you can really compare answers to either of these together. It's like comparing crash statistics between Volvo and Boeing. One has more, the other has more severe.
david
--
It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English -- up to 50 words used in correct context -- no human being
That's not what he asked. He is not interested in statistics.

I wasn't responding to the OP, I was commenting on the difficulty of defining most dangerous in a context raised by another poster.
Threads do wander, you know.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
This thread is proof that reading comprehension skills are rather low around here. Apparently, no one bothered to read and understand what you asked.

My table saw...and the idiot that turned it on. :-)
--
Be sure to check out Joe's and Betty's webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html