More from the Phillips Brothers Saw Mill & Box Factory

Founded in 1897, this historic all Steam Powered Planing Mill at Phillips Brothers Sawmill and Box Factory is located near Oak Run Ca. belived to be the last fully operational steam powered Sawmill and Box factory in America. The planer seen in this video is a 1895 Hall & Brown planer being powered by a 1910 Ames Iron Works horizontal steam engine.
Steam Powered Planing Mill: http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/AZ-5GCkV_TU
Steam Saw Mill: http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/9_wdRkxT7GI
And finally, a guided tour of the historic Phillips Brothers steam powered saw mill on April 16, 2011: http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/y51tdczei54
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:32:41 AM UTC-7, Spalted Walt wrote:

Seems like a few of the OSHA covers have been removed from those machines. I wonder if Grizzly included shipping for those monsters back then?

Probably not delivered by a 30year old company. ;~)
On Tue, 07 May 2013 16:32:41 +0000, Spalted Walt wrote:

Thanks for posting this.
In my sawmill career I have ran several belt driven planers(none steam powered).
A babbitt bearing Woods molder, A 1936 woods 412 four side planer, and a 1950 yates a-20.
Still have a scar on my back where a belt parted and slapped my ass to the floor.
basilisk