More Ebay Insanity

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#75698240&categoryB285&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBDW%3AIT&rd=1
I dont every remember these things selling new for $385. Mostly $240. Currently they sell new for $200. Last Christmas they could be had for $160 with the 20% off sale (wished I'd bought one then).
Two bidders bid $200+ for a used machine that looks a little beat up.
Darrell
People on ebay tickle me. Quite often they pay VERY close or more for things that can easy be found locally or online for cheaper. I think it's the competition factor. I've watched things I've sold get a flurry of bids in the last five minutes that took the price over what I paid in the first place.

You have the love the stupidity of some people. I see many items go for more on ebay than you would see them at the store. Plus, you know you won't be ripped off at the store!

&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBDW%3AIT&rd=1
I won't complain though. I sold a $60 craftsman router table on ebay for $78 plus $20 freight; and I kept the miter gauge because it fit my sander.
My biggest score was selling skiblades I bought for $120 for $200 plus freight. I can't explain it.
Sold a PC 690 router with two bases for $194 then bought the 890 series two base kit for $204!

I think I saw this at my local HD on yellow tag closeout for $199.
Nick

bought mine)

Yep. Minus the 10% sale right before Xmas.

Nick Bozovich wrote:

box. Asked how much of a discount...."Make an offer". Walked out w/ it for $99. Sure beats EBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#75698240&categoryB285&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBDW%3AIT&rd=1
If you look at other items the winning bidder bought you'll find a couple of other gems as well. For instance, the $30 HF dovetail jig that he paid $52 for or the $150 HF dust collector that he paid $179.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Darrell" < snipped-for-privacy@ev1.net> wrote in message
What about the Lie-Nielsen planes? There is one going on Ebay right now selling for more money than new. I guess we should be selling and not buying.
Bill

&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBDW%3AIT&rd=1