More Ebay Insanity

dont every remember these things selling new for $385. Mostly $240. Currently they sell new for $200. Last Christmas they could be had for $160 with the 20% off sale (wished I'd bought one then).

Two bidders bid $200+ for a used machine that looks a little beat up.

Darrell

Reply to
Darrell

People on ebay tickle me. Quite often they pay VERY close or more for things that can easy be found locally or online for cheaper. I think it's the competition factor. I've watched things I've sold get a flurry of bids in the last five minutes that took the price over what I paid in the first place.

> I dont every remember these things selling new for $385. Mostly $240.

Reply to
Bill

You have the love the stupidity of some people. I see many items go for more on ebay than you would see them at the store. Plus, you know you won't be ripped off at the store!

> I dont every remember these things selling new for $385. Mostly $240.

Reply to
Rob-J

> I dont every remember these things selling new for $385. Mostly $240.

When you figure in the freight, it is alot more than retail.

I won't complain though. I sold a $60 craftsman router table on ebay for $78 plus $20 freight; and I kept the miter gauge because it fit my sander.

My biggest score was selling skiblades I bought for $120 for $200 plus freight. I can't explain it.

Reply to
Toller

Sold a PC 690 router with two bases for $194 then bought the 890 series two base kit for $204!

&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBDW%3AIT&rd=1

Reply to
Bill

I think I saw this at my local HD on yellow tag closeout for $199.

Nick

> I dont every remember these things selling new for $385. Mostly $240.

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

It has been on yellow tag closeout for $199 for at least 6 months (when I bought mine)

Reply to
Toller

Yep. Minus the 10% sale right before Xmas.

RKON

If you look at other items the winning bidder bought you'll find a couple of other gems as well. For instance, the $30 HF dovetail jig that he paid $52 for or the $150 HF dust collector that he paid $179.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

What about the Lie-Nielsen planes? There is one going on Ebay right now selling for more money than new. I guess we should be selling and not buying.

Bill

> I dont every remember these things selling new for $385. Mostly $240.

Reply to
WORSS

Yes, $199 just after Christmas, I got the last one here, no book, no box. Asked how much of a discount...."Make an offer". Walked out w/ it for $99. Sure beats EBay.

Rick Samuel